Morgan in her pretty dress Grandma and Grandpa von Harten got her for her 3rd birthday. She is such a little lady!
Here is the dresser for Tyler that I got at a yard sale for $15!!! It was that ugly dark brown, but it was in really good condition, so I decided to paint it, sand the edges and antique them. It took quite a while, but it turned out way cute! I was very impressed with myself! :) Kent had his doubts about how it would turn out, but then he admitted that it turned out cuter than he expected. Tyler was thrilled with his new dresser. He is now in the "loft bed" room and is loving it. The second picture is a close up so you can see the antiqueing (sp?) better.
We went over to Kent's parents' house for July 4th. Tyler and Morgan had a ball with their cousins, Briley, Hadyn, and Macie. They live in Crawfordsville, so they go to the same church ward house as we do. The kids love living close together and we also recently found out that my brother, Andy, and his family are going to move back to Indiana from New York in October! Yeah!!! That will be so much fun! Now Tyler and Morgan will have someone to play with when they go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. I loved this picture of Tyler, Hadyn and Briley enjoying their yummy corn on the cob - one of my favorite things about summer - especially in Indiana! And the one of Morgan and Macie (they are 3 months apart, Morgan being older) cracks me up with their big blue smiles!
Little did I know that nine days later and on Friday the 13th I would go into labor (6 days early!) and have my baby! Here are the stats: Harrison Marshall Allen. Born Friday, July 13, 2007, weighing in at 7 lbs. even and 19 3/4 inches long. He was beautiful with reddish-brown hair and I think he is going to have blue eyes. He looks exactly like Tyler did when he was a newborn (except the color of hair). He started off great by nursing very well, but during the birthing process he fractured his right collar bone (I forgot to tell you that, Hilary), but it heals on it's own and he doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all. My labor and delivery went fast - contractions starting at 5 a.m. and then having him at 11:25 a.m.! Wow! Everything went so smoothly (except I had to wait for my epidural until the anestesiologist got out of a C-section) and it seems to be the easiest one yet. He latches on well, sleeps well at night and is on a fairly good routine already. He does choke a lot more than the other kids and gulps in a lot more air, so he gets a little uptight while he's eating and I have to stop and burp him a ton while feeding him. He spits up a ton too, which none of my other kids did, but usually only after he has eaten, not all day long. I took him to the dr. yesterday and he had gained 1 1/2 lbs. in 2 weeks and grew an inch. The doctor was very impressed with his growth, and so was I b/c I am so used to having tiny babies that don't grow very fast! We are all very happy to have him in our family and Tyler and Morgan are such big helpers. They also love to hold and love on him. Kent was a tremendous help when I got home from the hospital. He did all the cleaning (except laundry - I won't let him do that!), cooking, taking care of the kids, as well as doing all his church duties and then going back to work a few days later. My mom came to help out a couple days after he went back to work and I think the kids wore her out! It was nice to be able to rest and just take care of Harrison. I am trying to not over do it this time like I did with Morgan, but I think Kent will go crazy at church with them in the room while he tries to count the tithing as well as referree them at the same time so I am going back this next week. OK, OK, you probably want to see the pictures, so I'll stop blabbing now.
I tried taking some creative pictures of Harrison, but he wasn't asleep so the bright light made him squint and so he looks like he is scowling instead of peacefully basking in the sunlight! Oh well. Maybe I'll try in again when he is asleep. :)
Daddy and baby taking a snooze together. Ahh, so peaceful looking!



2 comments:
Good job Kent and Kris! Harrison is ADORABLE!
Aww! He is so cute!!!! I love that picture of you kissing him!! (so sweet!) How did you do your cute bun?! He's darling... I'm glad things are going good. OUCH! on the broken collar bone! Glad it's not serious. I hope to get a gift out to you this week. Love ya! and HOORAY that you're back online!
Post a Comment