So little Harrison is experiencing his first cold. I'm not sure where he could have gotten it from - maybe from Tyler being around other kids at school. So I told Tyler he needs to wash his hands first thing when he gets home from school, just to be on the safe side. Anyway, Harrison has it all - the cough, runny nose (slightly), sneezing, and congestion. Poor baby. Luckily it's not very severe.
He has to be in his bouncy seat or swing so he can be elevated and breathe easier. I have been putting non-medicated saline drops in his nose to help him breathe and that seems to help some. He's actually in a pretty good mood most of the time for not feeling the best. And I even was able to get a decent amount of sleep last night! I fed him at 9 p.m. and he went to sleep a little after 10 (so did I!) and he didn't wake up until 2 a.m. or so! Wow! I was so surprised! After he ate, I had to go downstairs and pump b/c I was feeling so full! And he ate so well without stopping and screaming in pain or throwing up everywhere. It was sooooo nice! He then slept until 4:30 or 5 (it's hard to keep track of time in the middle of the night - especially when I can't read the clock very well). He did get up an hour later, but I think he didn't get a burp out that he needed to because he fell right back to sleep after eating, but then he came in bed with us later and slept well until 7:30. That may seem like a lot still to some, but for me 3 times without all the fusiness and spitting up (especially with a long break at first) was great! So hopefully he'll continue improving his sleeping habits!
He has to be in his bouncy seat or swing so he can be elevated and breathe easier. I have been putting non-medicated saline drops in his nose to help him breathe and that seems to help some. He's actually in a pretty good mood most of the time for not feeling the best. And I even was able to get a decent amount of sleep last night! I fed him at 9 p.m. and he went to sleep a little after 10 (so did I!) and he didn't wake up until 2 a.m. or so! Wow! I was so surprised! After he ate, I had to go downstairs and pump b/c I was feeling so full! And he ate so well without stopping and screaming in pain or throwing up everywhere. It was sooooo nice! He then slept until 4:30 or 5 (it's hard to keep track of time in the middle of the night - especially when I can't read the clock very well). He did get up an hour later, but I think he didn't get a burp out that he needed to because he fell right back to sleep after eating, but then he came in bed with us later and slept well until 7:30. That may seem like a lot still to some, but for me 3 times without all the fusiness and spitting up (especially with a long break at first) was great! So hopefully he'll continue improving his sleeping habits!



1 comment:
As cute as he is... reading your blog is almost good birth control!! Ha! Am I ready for a baby?? I think not!!!
What a cutie... I hope he's feeling better!
Post a Comment