Well, I got the dishes done, laundry almost done, and had the kids play in the sprinkler, so I decided to reward myself with doing another blog. I'm trying to be more creative in my blog writing so I thought I would start adding recipes that I find particularly tasty. My red-headed friend Hilary (inside joke!) posted a recipe one of our roommate's gave us for Reese's squares or bars, or whatever. Anyway, they sounded really good and I have been wanting to make them for a while so I looked to see if I also had the recipe. I found another one almost exactly like it that a friend of mine here in Indiana gave me. I didn't realize they were basically the same recipe, just a slight variation (on the word "recipe" - sorry, another inside joke!) in ingredients. So I decided to whip some up for FHE last night. Yummy!!!! I'll probably end up eating the whole pan myself! Anyway, here is the recipe and a picture to get your mouth watering!

1 pkg (brick) graham crackers, crushed
1 stick butter
1 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Combine and press into 9x13 pan. Melt 1 pkg (12 oz) chocolate chips and spread over top. Let set. I put mine in the fridge b/c it doesn't get hard enough with this summer heat, even with the a/c on. Also, if you don't happen to have graham crackers you can use Rice Krispies, but it isn't quite as good as the graham crackers.
5 comments:
About how many cups do you think it takes to equal 1 brick of graham crackers. Did you know that Keebler sells boxes of Graham cracker crumbs? I love it, use it for pies, and my favorite spinach casserole.
mmmm.... that looks SO good! I LOOOOOVE those! And, I usually eat most of it myself too. :OP
Slight variation... I just can't remember that one! Am I part of that IJ?? It sounds familiar, but I can't figure it out!!!
Your redheaded friend, Hilary
The other recipe I have says to use 2 3/4 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs.
Great, I'll have to try it.
BTW-congratulations on your new little baby. So cute. I always forget how little they are when they are born. Those were some great pictures you shared.
Also, Hilary, yes, we always used to say that, but I can't remember how it started. We would use it for pretty much any word.
Post a Comment