I have found that I like newborn baby pictures best when they are sleeping! I try taking them when they are awake and all I seem to capture is a weird expression, arms flinging around and then they fall over out of the position I want them in. So, still life is much easier to photograph! :) Plus they look so innocent and peaceful!

So Sunday Kent blessed Harrison. It was a really nice blessing. Most of our family came and then we had a get-together at our house after church. My mom made the blessing outfit for Tyler when he was born with the idea that it would be for all the baby boys we had. Well, Tyler was very tiny, so when I put the outfit on Harrison I could barely fasten it in the back! It was also a little short, but it just looked like nicker-bockers (old-fashion word, huh!) when he sat down. It wouldn't stay shut between the legs very well either, but I think that was partly b/c my mom used little velcro circles instead of snaps. Anyway, I was lucky he fit into it! Plus I think Tyler was maybe a couple weeks younger than Harrison was when we blessed him. I think Harrison is going to be the brute of our family! :) It was beautiful weather and Harrison did great during the blessing, so I wasn't nearly as stressed as I was with Morgan - she screamed practically the entire time! I can't believe we are a family of five now!
Harrison is doing so much better at sleeping! He usually goes to bed around 9:30 or 10 and wakes up to eat around 1 and 4 and then is ready for the day by 6:30 or 7. I can handle that! I'm up getting Tyler ready to get on the bus anyway, so I don't mind Harrison waking up that early. Last night was a shocker. I fed him at 5:30 and we ended up having a late dinner, so we were about to eat at 8 and he started to fidget a little from his nap. Kent got him back to sleep so I could actually sit down to eat with everyone instead of missing dinner b/c I have to feed him, which is usually the case! Anyway, so we ate dinner and he kept on snoozing. He didn't wake up until 10:30! That was 5 hours after his last feeding! AND he "slept" through the night - meaning he wasn't wide-eyed and bushy-tailed the rest of the night. It was GREAT!!! I actually got some things done without having to be interrupted! I didn't know how to act! :) Sometimes during the day he'll take these long naps and go 3-4 hours between feedings, but not usually so late in the day.



2 comments:
What a cutey! I didn't even notice that his blessing outfit was too small. You are a beautiful family :)
What cute pictures. I'm glad that things are going so well with your cute family.
Post a Comment