It was SUCH a gorgeous day yesterday that I was antsy to get out and enjoy the weather, so on a whim, I decided to take the kids to Shades State Park, which is about 20 minutes south, and hike some of the trails. I was kind of hesitant, seeing that I was going to have to go alone since Kent was at work, but I couldn't pass up the beautiful weather, so "What the heck - go out on a limb and do something spontaneous!" I thought, which is so not like me! And so I did! We had an absolute blast and the kids were great! We brought some snacks and headed out the door to a wonderful end of summer/beginning of fall adventure.
Tyler was the official picture taker of Harrison and me and Harrison was a complete angel the entire time. He loves being outdoors and just took in the scenary around him, eventually falling asleep on our way back to the car. It was the perfect weather, especially in the cool of the shade trees.

They had so much fun finding acorns and sticks, and Tyler even found a piece of white quartz.
After our snack we found a playground and hung out there for a while. The hike back was more strenuous because we had to climb UPHILL, so it got our blood pumping, especially for me carrying a baby on my shoulders!, but it was very refreshing. We walked along a dried up creek bed and over lots of thick roots sticking out of the ground. I pointed out poison ivy, which Tyler kept identifying the whole time, but not getting too close, thankfully! I didn't realize the mosquitos were going to be as bad as they were, but I think they bothered me more than anyone. I got a few bites on my arms, but it was well worth it.



No comments:
Post a Comment