
Got this cute idea from my friend's blog and I thought it would be a great way to start thinking about Thanksgiving. It's a Thankful Box. I wrote down different things we are all thankful for and then Morgan put the papers in the box. Throughout the days before Thanksgiving we can add more if we want to and then on Thanksgiving day we are going to pull them out and read them. Tyler had a whole list of things he was thankful for. It will be fun to look back and read what the kids and we said a few years from now.
I also got this idea from Hilary and made a feather-less turkey on a piece of paper and then wrote on a bunch of feathers different scenarios that showed being kind or unkind. For example, one feather said "Please pass the butter." Another one said "I don't want to sit by you!" Then for Family Home Evening I had the kids pick the feathers and then say whether they were kind or unkind things and then how they could make it kind (if needed). Then they were able to stick the feathers on the turkey to make him complete. We talked about how to show kindness, good manners and respect to others, especially on Thanksgiving. Hilary does such a great job at sharing fun activities and ideas! Thanks Hil!
Tyler was given the assignment from school to disguise this turkey so that he won't get eaten for Thanksgiving. He decided he wanted to disguise Tom the Turkey as Santa Claus. So I dug up some left over felt (it comes in handy again!) and we all helped create this disguise for our FHE activity. Wednesday was the Book Fair at his school, along with an art show and other activities, so we went and saw all the different disguises his classmates came up with. There were some pretty creative ones! My favorite was one dressed up in a tuxedo, hat and cane with black tulle glued around it like a stage curtain. There were 3 or 4 other Santas, but that's OK. :) We all had a lot of fun decorating it. And Tyler bought a book about Superman and other Superheros/villians. Imagine that! ;)




3 comments:
such cute ideas. I dont know how you do it all and still work and get all your housework done. You are amazing :)
Believe me, my home is DEFINITELY not spotless!!! You should see the kitchen right now! That seems to be where it gets the messiest the fastest, besides clutter everywhere from Morgan who drags toys all over the house and then there is clothes from the kids everywhere, or clean clothes in the basket that need putting away or folded. So don't worry - I really am not THAT amazing!!!!
AMAZING, KRis!!! (i love yoU!) I know you ARE amazing!
Your turkey is darling! So glad you liked my ideas! CUTE Turkey Santa!!! He looks so proud of it!
Post a Comment