Monday, December 17, 2007

One sickness after another, then snow on top of that

Well, most of my Christmas church responsibilities are over, thankfully! The Christmas party on Saturday went well, except we had to hurry things along because of an ice storm that started about an hour or so before the party was suppose to start. But everyone still showed up and things went fairly smoothly. I had a lot of great help from a couple people (thank you lots and lots Heather!) so that was a big help. I kind of feel like I dumped some things off on them the last minutes, but Harrison was not feeling well at all, so I felt I needed to take care of him. He started getting a fever on Friday and was cranky, fussy, feverish all weekend long. He actually was pretty good for how bad I'm sure he felt. We didn't have church yesterday, so that was a relief because I wasn't feeling the greatest either. After my flu incident, I noticed Morgan woke up with some mucus in her eye, so I treated her for pink-eye and then I must have not washed my hands or something, b/c the next day I woke up with it, so I started treating myself as well. I gave her the medicine for 3 days and then she was fine but mine seemed to turn into a bad cold with congestion and infection in my eyes. I don't know, but I'm still not over it. It wasn't full blown pink-eye b/c my eyes weren't pink or really mucusy, so I don't know if it really was that or not. I kind of feel like I have pressure in my sinuses and my upper jaw aches but I'm not blowing out infection stuff, so I don't know. Thankfully Harrison's fever broke last night and he seems to be doing much better, except for a lot of congestion. I never know whether I should go into the dr. or not. Hate to spend the money, but want to make sure we are getting the relief we need! I think I've had some kind of sickness since before Thanksgiving and I SICK of being SICK!!!!! Hopefully it will all just go away by Christmas!



So, this weekend we ended up getting between 6 and 8 inches of snow! Kent and the kids went sledding and then he spent a long time shoveling out his and our neighbor's car, driveway, porch, etc. yesterday. They had a 2-hour delay today. When they do that Tyler only goes to school for two hours, a little pointless, but nothing I can do about it.

No comments: