So Tuesday we woke up to our furnace not working! Luckily I had to go into work, so that killed a few hours away from the house! I called the repairman and he finally got here about 12:20. I got home around 11 a.m. with my kids and two others I babysit, but we were able to stay fairly warm b/c of the space heaters we have. I shut the doors to the living room and made them stay in there with a space heater. The upstairs doesn't have heat ducts anyway, so I had a space heater going up there so the babies were fine while they were taking a nap. I guess our furnace is one of the biggest in a home he had seen, as well as the motor, which is what went out. But he quoted us for a smaller motor, so they are going to give us the price of the smaller one, thankfully! So, to make a long story short, they had to order a motor from Kansas so it won't get here until Thursday or Friday. They gave us a couple other space heaters to borrow and as long as we stay in the areas that are well heated it really isn't too bad. We layered the kids all up and it doesn't seem to affect them nearly as badly as it does Kent and I because they run around so much and stay warm that way. Of course it had to go out on one of the coldest days this year! Reminds me of when all our drains got clogged because of roots in the pipes a year ago and it happened the day we got like 8 or 10 inches of snow and they closed all the roads so no one could come until the next day! Seems like it always happens to us like that! But one strike of luck this week is that I found out I won my friend's "One Year Blog-iversary" quiz! So now I get a super fun, cute package in the mail! Yay!!! She used to send me packages during the summer when we were home from college that were always fun, so I'm really looking forward to it! Maybe it will take away the winter/cold/snow blues! I am SOOO ready for some warmer weather! But of course it started snowing again this afternoon! It's definitely colder in the house today, so I decided to run to the grocery store and the library after I picked Tyler up from school. I have to work tonight, so Kent is going to take the kids (not Harrison) swimming so he doesn't have to stay here in the house. It definitely is colder at night (duh!), but with our space heater running it's actually pretty decent upstairs. The coldest rooms are the dining room, kitchen, and bathroom b/c they are so much more open and bigger. It's nice that we can close off the living room and keep in fairly warm in there. The thermostat, which is in the dining room falls below 45 degrees at night and only get up to about 52 in the day!!! Brrrr!!!!! I make the kids stay in the LR or upstairs. Can't wait to get it fixed tomorrow! Another joy of home ownership!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
yikes!!! I am sorry you guys had that happen! I hope it wasnt too expensive and that it gets repaired tomorrow!
Kris I feel you pain... just not the cold part... (see my blog) I hope you guys stay warm till it's fixed! I didn't know about our plumbing emergency! When it rains (or snows) it pours (it's a blizzard??) :)
brrr! Hope you're warmed up now! I grew up in an old house with an ENORMOUS furnace. :-)
Glad you're excited about the package! Oh the pressure! ;-)
I will work on it next week!
silly girl. Our house is a toasty 66 and always has room for you guys. love ya candy
Post a Comment