Sunday, April 20, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!

We actually had an earthquake Friday morning! It happened about 5:30 a.m. I was feeding Harrison and all of a sudden the house started shaking really badly. I didn't think it was suppose to be stormy and windy out, so I then realized it could be an earthquake. Kent said it definitely was an earthquake because he had felt them all the time in the Phillipines. The news said it measured 5.2. It came from the Wabash Valley Seismic Zone, which is part of a zone in Illinois. It lasted for quite a few seconds! There was an aftershock around 11:15 a.m., but it only measured 4 something. Weird! I was thinking "We don't have earthquakes in Indiana - only tornados!" Now I know how those in CA feel, although on a much smaller scale I'm sure! I guess you never know what could happen! I was also thinking "Should we go get our 72-hour kits? The only safe place would seem to be in the air!" I'm quite the novice when it comes to earthquake preparedness! :)

3 comments:

candy's clothes closet said...

Did you know that we just had another earthquake after-shock last night? It was a 4.5. I felt it shaking the bed and our fan. The night of the 1st earthquake we were reading in 2nephi about the curse on the lamanites skin and how the Lord sends earthquakes and storms to remind the wicked to repent. Hadyn said "we felt the earthquake so we better repent" I told her how it could be other people doing wicked things. She said"They better repent then because I don't like those earthquakes" Now she is on the look out for people who are being wicked. lol

Hilary said...

wow! I've never been in an earthquake. Scary!

Ashley said...

Thats crazy you had an earthquake!! Crazy feeling huh???