
I meant to blog this a while ago, but I forgot. (Don't ask me how!) Anyway, one night I was at the dining room table and I see this thing fly across the room and then fly upstairs. At first I thought it was a bird, but then it came swooping down again and practically ran into me and then flew upstairs again and I realized it was a BAT! I freaked out and yelled "There's a bat in here!" Kent told me to calm down otherwise if the kids woke up they would totally freak out. So he went upstairs to see if he could find it. It was sitting on Harrison's blinds, so we shut the other kids' doors and I took Harrison to our room and shut the door. Kent found his fishing net and trapped it in the net and then took a nearby burp cloth and grabbed it with his hands. It started squealing and flapping around hysterically. He let it loose outside and then I told him to throw away the burp cloth. Man! Talk about a memorable experience! It must have gotten in through the attic or something. I'm sure glad it didn't bite Kent or fly into me! I would have TOTALLY LOST IT! And I'm very glad Kent was home when it happened b/c I wouldn't have gotten near the thing! Now, it makes for a good laugh, but I sure was not enjoying it at the time! Gotta love these old houses! Mice in the walls (yes, I've heard them!), bats flying around, spiders, ladybugs, flies - we have lots of unpleasant house guests! :)



6 comments:
Oh my gosh! That would have totally freaked me out. And I don't think Alan would have handled it as well as Kent, either. Way to go, Kent!
Oh my gosh, I would have totally freaked out.
Funny story! (yes, after the fact and not during I imagine). Sounds like the house I grew up in, we had all that fun stuff.
Now with a "newer" house, I have to deal with those horrible roly polies...you know the ones that roll into balls when you touch them? Yuk.
that gives me the shivers!
When I was doing EFY and really liked a boy, we went to someone's cabin for the weekend between sessions and we were lying on the floor watching a movie and sort of snuggling and all of a sudden some bats swooped down the fireplace and freaked us all out. Even the boys. It was awful. I swear I'm going to have nightmares tonight. Thanks a lot! ;-)
When I was little we had one in our garage one night when we got home. I remember my dad trying to shew it out with a broom. I was tramatized... I went out to work on our house yesterday and Dave had left the laundry room window wide open. I totally yelled at him that a bat could have gotten in because I had read your post right before going out there. He was like "What is the matter with you?" I don't even know if there are bats in the area??? Glad your kids where asleep!!
I tagged you!
Post a Comment