Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A new spring wardrobe . . . so fun and so needed!

So, I haven't bought new spring/summer clothes for a couple years now because I was in maternity clothing last year, so with the money I earned from babysitting these last couple months, I was able to go shopping for some fun, much needed clothing. Now mind you, I wasn't able to get them all at once due to fussy children (which I usually had one or two with me) or in-decisiveness (which I'm a pro at!), but at least I was able to find some things I liked when I actually had money to spend! I LOVE getting new clothes! It makes me feel so good and happy! There is just something about wearing new clothing/jewelry/shoes that boosts your self-esteem and energy. It's very invigorating! :) Especially since I don't get new clothes very often. I relish the chance, especially when I find such cute clothes at such good deals! If I could, I'm SURE I would be a spendaholic, but I have to control my spending since we live on a teacher's income! (which really is a blessing in disguise - helps me stay focused on the important things and not get too materialistic!) So, I was going to just download pictures of what I bought, since the model clothing is probably much more flattering than the size I had to buy :), but since Cato didn't have pictures of the things I bought, I just took pictures of them. They are not the greatest pictures because I tried using natural lighting and for some reason when you do that it doesn't focus it, but you can still get the idea. Turns out I should have stuck to the AUTO setting! Oh well! I really like Cato because they are stylish, yet made for the "WOMAN" (not those bean-pole teenagers most stores cater to! No offense if you have a body like that! ;) Just jealous, that all.) Anyway, so here they are:













Posted by Picasa


My fashionable sister-in-law, Candy, told me that yellow and gray are the new thing for spring, so I thought I would go for that look.

You can't see them in the picture, but these capris have a cute row of buttons on the cuff, and they actually look like capris on me instead of too short of pants! (Well, I guess capris ARE short pants, but normally they just look like high-waters instead of actual capris!)

I want to buy some dull silver ballet slipper type slip-ons, with the rest of the money, but I haven't really looked for them yet. Also this adorable B&W damask-like skirt if I have enough left over. Oh I also bought three pairs of jeans (a dark pair, med. blue, and light blue) for about $10 each on clearance/sale at Kohl's! I love it when I get things for a good deal! Did I already mention that?

1 comment:

Hilary said...

CUTE stuff, Kris!!!!! Way to go on the cute shopping... I love reading about your bargains!