Monday, May 19, 2008

A Sweet Reminder

During the last couple days, I have overheard Morgan as she plays by herself either in her room or downstairs. The other day, she started plunking away on the piano and singing I Am A Child of God. Then she announced the prayer, said one, then started talking about Jesus. I was surprised at first, then I just sat back and enjoyed listening to her. I asked her if she was playing Church and she said yes. She's been doing that recently and it really is so sweet to listen to her. I guess she actually DOES listen and take things in at church, during family home evening, or when I talk to her about gospel principles. Even though it seems like I don't always get through to my kids, and I feel like every day I'm fighting stubbornness, obedience, listening the FIRST time, and fighting with each other, hearing Morgan talk about Jesus and who he is really made me realize what special little spirits I have in my home. It was a sweet reminder of the innocence children have and what a truly wonderful opportunity I have as a mother to teach them the right way to live.

5 comments:

candy's clothes closet said...

With parents kind and dear. Morgan and the boys are blessed to have parents who have their priorities in the right place.

Kris said...

Thanks, Candy. :)

Ashley said...

What a sweetheart! I can't say I have ever found my boys playing church. ;) I am sure it was the sweetest thing to watch.

Anonymous said...

Morgan actually listens really well in primary. On sunday she gave some really great answers and I was so impressed with her. She knows most of the songs and tries her best to sing them each week. You are doing such a great job with your kids!!! You FHE lessons must be fantastic because Morgan and Tyler know SO MUCH already!!

Hilary said...

Gracie has done this too and it is SO cute. Morgan seems so much older than Ella! Not 24 hours older... but LOTS older. Glad you had a rewarding mommy moment!!

I'm on my 5th word verification attempt. UGH!