The cake - umbrellas on the sand (graham cracker crumbs) and fishies in the water cupcakes.
Activities - water table, swimming in pool, "hot potato" with water balloons, playing with Morgan's new tea set and vanity table
Morgan showing off her cute card from her cousin
It took me to the last minute to finish up the details (thanks for helping out Kayli!), but it turned out great. I hung green and blue balloons with curling ribbon; had goldfish crackers, Swedish fish, blue and cherry Kool-aid for snacks; used a cute blue, green and yellow plaid table cloth I used back in college for the table as well as a beach towel to cover the gift table; and had the water table and pool set up for entertainment. I wanted it to be simple, yet fun, which I think I accomplished. It was the perfect number of kids and they all had a blast, especially Tyler and his friend (which also made the party lively having two older boys there!) and I didn't have to worry about thinking up/preparing a bunch of games. It was perfect weather - warm with a little breeze to keep the moms cooled off. Harrison went down for a nap about halfway through, so that was very helpful too! It sure took A LOT of work and time to get the yard presentable, go shopping for everything, and prepare the cake and goody bags, but it was well worth it. I know Morgan was super excited for her party and loved every minute of it. What a fun afternoon!








2 comments:
It definitely was a super cute and fun party! We're so glad we could come!
Yeah, it is a bit surprising just how much planning goes into these, isn't it? I'm glad that Brett has promised to help with Jethro's.
But next time we get together, it should be just to hang out...no parties, so that neither one of us is kindof frantically running around. j/k. But we'll be able to kick back and just chat. ;)
Happy birthday Morgan and Hazel! I totally remember when they were born.
Looks perfect. So, so cute.. :O)
Post a Comment