Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to me . . .

Today is officially my birthday, but it was also Tyler and Kent's (with the kids at least) first day back to school so it has been pretty much a normal, not-too-exciting, day birthday-wise. We knew it would be, so Kent BBQed ribs on Saturday for my birthday dinner. They were delicious!!! We also had freshly picked green beans from our garden, ranch potatoes and garlic bread. Morgan didn't think she would like the ribs, but once she finally tried them she couldn't stop eating them! They were huge, so it was so funny to see such a little girl each such a big piece of food! We had Heath ice cream for dessert - yum! We went to Kent's parents' house Sunday for a birthday celebration and have one on my side this weekend, so it's just being spread out!


Here is Tyler sporting one of his new, hip back-to-school shirts and showing off his #1 for 1st grade. I can't believe he is a 1st-grader! We went to Back to School Night last night and found out who his teacher was going to be. He was so excited to be in Mr. Dark's class! Mr. Dark seemed really nice (unlike his name. ;) ) and very excited to be teaching 1st graders. This is just his second year of teaching, but he's seems like he is going to be a wonderful teacher.


Besides taking pictures of Tyler, I decided to take some (or rather ATTEMPT to take) some pictures of Harrison I've been wanting to take b/c his hair was really curly, yet soft looking this afternoon, so I put him in overalls without a shirt underneath and was going to take some pictures of him near this white fence with hollyhocks growing beside it, but he fell down and wouldn't let go of me and kept walking towards me instead of staying still. grrrrrr . . . I was really annoyed that it didn't work out, but at least I got a couple cute pictures of him, even though you can't see his adorable curls.

I DID come home to a couple pretty plants a friend of mine left me for a birthday present at my house while I was gone and a cute homemade card made by my sister-in-law (just a guess! ;) ) from the ladies at church. I found some super cute shoes on clearance at Target last week when I went shopping for the kids that I just had to snatch up before they were gone, so I got some birthday gifts early. :) I'll have to showcase the stuff I get again. Time for another shopping spree! :) So although not a lot has happened today, I will be able to do lots of celebrating!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Happppppy Biirrthhhddddaaaayyyyy!!! I love you lots! So glad you have a blog so I can see pictures and keep up on your life!!!