Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A little of this and a little of that . . .

So, this month has been my turn to do Sharing Time in Primary. There have been so great ideas in the Friend, so that has been a big help. The theme is on baptism this month.

We had a ward clean-up on Saturday, but I didn't go - no, not b/c I was boycotting (sp?) it just b/c I was recently released from the activities chairman - but b/c the house was a wreck and we were going to be at my parents' house the rest of the day and then I didn't want to clean it on Sunday, but I invited a friend of mine to dinner on Monday, so I had to do it sometime before then. We went to Indy and did some shopping and then we celebrated my dad's and my birthday. We went swimming (probably the last time for the season) and had yummy Portuguese chicken - very spicy, but very yummy!

Monday I finished shopping for ingredients, cleaning the house and cooking before my friend and her little girl came for dinner. Her boyfriend was going to come over but he had to work late. He lives right down the street from us, so I've been able to visit with her a little more. She used to work at the gym with me but now works at a bank here in Waynetown. It was fun visiting with her and Morgan and her daughter had a ball together.

I was asked to do a little blurp on freezing corn and making strawberry freezer jam for Enrichment on Tuesday, so I did and it turned out fine. There are a lot more seasoned "canners" than me so I had lots of help and added tips that I forgot, but that's OK. I don't claim to know everything about that stuff! I had a Primary presidency mtg afterwards and we had some good ideas come to us, so that was rewarding.

Today I made strawberry shortcake with the crushed strawberries I used in my demonstration. It was yummy, but the cakes could have stood to be a little fluffier. Morgan liked it but Tyler ended up only liking the strawberries (of course!).

I'm excited, but not so at the same time, b/c I get to go to Lafayette tomorrow and take some time to shop with my b-day money, but I also have to have my yearly doctor check-up too. Yuck.

So, there you have it. A few things that have been going on with me. I need to check out everyone's blog, but I haven't been able to for a while.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I just had my lovely yearly too. Yuck is right.

You've been doing some fun things!