Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sunday afternoon at Grandma and Grandpa's


Kevin, Kent's next younger brother and his family came down from Wisconsin this past weekend for a visit. Above is Rex, about 4 months younger than Harrison, but about the same size!


Tyler and Hadyn all cozy in a blanket!


Tyler, Briley and Hadyn

Add Erika to the hammock

Six of the eight brothers: Clark, Kyle, Kevin, Kirk, Cory, Kent.



It was a GORGEOUS day! A nice breeze, no humidity, and a great temperature. Briley and I picked peaches from the tree. They were SOOO delicious! I want a peach tree someday. I feel horrible, but I forgot to take a picture of Morgan! I should have taken one of her and Macie with their LOVELY lipstick job! ;) They love getting Grandma's lipstick and getting all dolled up! Kent and I went for a Harley ride and enjoyed swinging on the swing together. Besides Harrison knocking over the tall floor picture frame screen and fighting his tired mood all afternoon everything else was pretty relaxing. The food was delicious - nothing like fried chicken, dumplings, mashed potatoes, homemade bread, salads and desserts! I stuffed myself so much that my stomach hurt, but I just couldn't help it b/c of all the yummy food!

It was good to visit Kevin and Erin and I even got to talk to/see my other SIL, Erin, and her kids (through a webcam) who lives in Hawaii! Lucky ducks! Although I don't know if I could stand being away from my husband for so long! Her husband, Kent's brother Casey, is in the army and is going to have to go back to Iraq in November (I think). Not so fun! So it was a very nice Sunday afternoon.

3 comments:

Staci said...

It took me a minute to figure out what SIL is. But I believe you mean sister in law, right?

Kris said...

Yeah, that's right! :)

candy's clothes closet said...

I agree the food was awesome!! I love it when we all get together. We are so blessed.