Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Apple Works and Pumpkin Patch

We had our Fall Break last Thursday and Friday, so the kids and I (Kent went to Wisconsin for a fishing trip with his dad to his brother's house) went down to Indy to spend some time with my family. We spent the night Thursday and then headed to this fun fallish (like my word, Megan?) apple orchard on Friday with Andy and his family, and Mom and Dad. The kids had a blast, especially the slide made out of a big plastic pipe thing. I loved all the fallen leaves, the big hay bale, and the country store with all its pretty decorations and yummy smells. It was gorgeous weather, although a little chilly at first. We had apple cider, homemade fudge, apples and ice cream for treats. There was a delicious aroma of cooked apples floating about and all the fall decor just made me giddy! :) After we left for the pumpkin patch, Morgan and Harrison zonked out as soon as we got in the van, so the pumpkin patch wasn't as fun (cranky kids sure can put a damper on things!) and it was sort of rushed, but I think Tyler really enjoyed it. The highlight I think was playing in the huge air-filled jack-o-lantern! There were some monster pumpkins too!

5 comments:

Life with Boys!! said...

I can't believe how big the kids are getting, expecially harrison. Its been forever. I need to come visit everyone!

Ashley said...

Cute pictures. I love the one of Harrison with his tongue hangin out. And the feet one. What cute kids.

candy's clothes closet said...

It looks like a great time. And I was worried you would be bored w/out Kent. It looks to me like he missed out on all of the fun. Where is that fun apple works and pumpkin patch?

Jessica said...

Was this at Anderson Orchard? I went there too about a month ago to pick raspberries and apples. It was my first outing with all the other SAHMs in my ward. It was a beautiful day.

P.S. Sorry it didn't work out for you guys to eat at Palermo Viejo in Louisville. I had no idea they didn't open until 5 pm. I hope at some point you guys can get down there again. I thought it was worth it. Los milanesas de pollo son excellentes! Yeah that Bardstown Rd. neighborhood is kinda cool, huh?

Hilary said...

It looks like so much fun! What a crazy, full of different things, pumpkin patch!