Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween

So this is long over-due, but I've had one crazy week. It was the best weather we've had for Halloween in a LONG time, so we really enjoyed the evening. First we took pictures outside. Morgan was a fairy, Harrison was Superman (recycled from Tyler!), and Tyler was the Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars. I decided to dress up as a witch since Morgan didn't want to be one. I even had the perfect laugh to go with it - I learned it from my mom! I couldn't get Kent to dress up (not surprisingly!). Then we went to the Trunk or Treat at church. Everyone kept asking me to do my witch laugh! Tyler kept having light saber matches with his friend Kyler who was also the Emperor. I think I have the same picture of Morgan eating a Tootsie pop at the Trunk or Treat when she was Harrison's age. After the Trunk or Treat we stopped over at our friends' house to see their cool Halloween set-up and do a little trick or treating in their neighborhood. After that we headed over to Kent's brother's neighborhood for the rest of the evening. At school Tyler's class carved pumpkins with the 5th graders, so he carved one with Emily from church. They were all displayed at one of the teacher's house, so after we were done trick or treating we stopped by her house to find his pumpkin. They were set out up and down her drive-way and sidewalk, so we looked at every single one and the VERY last one Tyler looked at ended up being his, which was where we started! The funny (but kind of frustrating b/c it was a gravel drive-way and I was trying to walk in high black boots!) thing was that I had asked Tyler to look at the ones near us by the house first, but he must have missed it. Oh well, we got to see all the different faces of the pumpkins!



2 comments:

Ashley said...

Tyler, Kody thinks your costume was SOOOOO cool. Too bad you guys can't play lightsabers together. You'd have such a blast. Love all your costumes, but I wish we could hear the laugh!!!!

Hilary said...

looks like fun was had by all! Cute (scary) costumes.

I have a witch laugh too!