Monday, December 1, 2008

Relief Society Enrichment Craft Night

We had an AWESOME craft night for Enrichment this month (thanks Candy and Kate!!!). We made these cool tiles out of vinyl lettering and floor tiles - so easy and so beautiful! A friend of mine was walking past the shop where they ordered the vinyl lettering and saw an example like this that the owner had put in his window display - except it was the "Be's" quote from Pres. Hinckley! Of course, he didn't realize that it was a quote from the prophet b/c around here that's not very common, so it was really cool that out of all the quotes to choose from he chose the one from Pres. Hinckley to display in his window! He's being a missionary and not even knowing it! :) Anyway, way cool.



Most of the decorations for the picture frames were holiday themes, but I found this little round sticker that said "A day to remember" with brown and blue dots on it - and I thought it would be perfect for a frame for Tyler's baptism next year! I was going to make the black one with stickers and what not from the stuff there, but I just couldn't decide what I wanted, so I ended up copying what my friend did last year with some of her friends, although the colors are a little different. I think they both turned out adorable! I also made this cute pink and green charm bracelet for Morgan.

It really was a lot of fun and we were able to get pretty much all of it done that night - as well as socialize instead of being so focused on trying to get as much done as possible that night! Way to go R.S. presidency! I like your way of thinking! :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

candy's clothes closet said...

Your crafts turned out great! I'm so glad you enjoyed the evening. It sounds like your parents had a great trip. I've been wanting some of those lil coconuts. I guess Kirk will have to take me to Hawaii to get them. love you guys!

Kelly Allen said...

It looks like your craft day was so much better then ours! just one more reason why we should move back into the C-ville ward, huh?

Staci said...

That looks so fun and I love the way they turned out! Awesome! I'm assuming that they got all the materials and you just paid the fee and then put it all together?

Hilary said...

I love how your frame turned out! Really cute!