A couple weeks ago I had to take Harrison in to the doctor because he had a bad ear infection (I felt like a horrible mother because I wasn't for sure if he had one earlier, but then his symptoms seemed to go away after a day or two so I thought he was fine, but then about a week later yucky infection stuff started coming out of his ear!) Then on Sunday he started having cold symptoms. On Tuesday he had a 102 degree fever and 101 degree fever on Wednesday with a deep cough and loss of appetite and energy as well as fast breathing at night, so on Thursday I took him in to see what was up. I was debating on whether I should just wait it out, but since we were going to be around a lot of family with little kids this weekend I figured I better be safe than sorry. After a few tests and a chest X-ray I found out he has RSV and another ear infection! Poor guy! Good thing I took him in. I think I was inspired to go. He's actually acting like his normal, mischievious, curious little self now with his appetite coming back, but he still has a deep cough and runny nose. So he is quarantined from all babies and toddlers for 10 days, which of course means I can't work today and all of next week. Not exactly my idea of a week vacation, but if it means helping Harrison get better and not exposing other kids to it, then I'm OK with it. He also got some albuterol to help him breathe easier if he needs it. He seems to have a harder time breathing at night, so we give it to him then. Glad I didn't have to go through this with the other two kids!Friday, February 27, 2009
Poor little guy!
A couple weeks ago I had to take Harrison in to the doctor because he had a bad ear infection (I felt like a horrible mother because I wasn't for sure if he had one earlier, but then his symptoms seemed to go away after a day or two so I thought he was fine, but then about a week later yucky infection stuff started coming out of his ear!) Then on Sunday he started having cold symptoms. On Tuesday he had a 102 degree fever and 101 degree fever on Wednesday with a deep cough and loss of appetite and energy as well as fast breathing at night, so on Thursday I took him in to see what was up. I was debating on whether I should just wait it out, but since we were going to be around a lot of family with little kids this weekend I figured I better be safe than sorry. After a few tests and a chest X-ray I found out he has RSV and another ear infection! Poor guy! Good thing I took him in. I think I was inspired to go. He's actually acting like his normal, mischievious, curious little self now with his appetite coming back, but he still has a deep cough and runny nose. So he is quarantined from all babies and toddlers for 10 days, which of course means I can't work today and all of next week. Not exactly my idea of a week vacation, but if it means helping Harrison get better and not exposing other kids to it, then I'm OK with it. He also got some albuterol to help him breathe easier if he needs it. He seems to have a harder time breathing at night, so we give it to him then. Glad I didn't have to go through this with the other two kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I hate how hard it is to determine whether or not you should take your kids to the doctor. I end up going, pay the co-pay and then the doctor acts like they are perfectly fine. Worse yet, my kids totally perk up and act perfectly fine! Why, why do they always do that once you get to the doctor??
We have the puffer (albuterol) too & that is easy to use & doesn't get them as hyped up as the alternative Xopenex! YIKES...look out, totally not the same kid when using that one! We had Xopenex and Pulmicort for the breathing machine & I could not believe how hyped up our son was. It was bad! Hope your son is feeling better soon!
Poor little guy. It's so scary when they're so sick. Isn't it amazing how fast medicine helps them get better. I hope the quarantine goes fast!
We love you Harrison. We hope you are causing trouble again soon!
We love you Harrison. We hope you are causing trouble again soon!
Poor little Harrison! Being sick sucks!
Post a Comment