
Sunday was Fast and Testimony meeting at church where you fast for 24 hours and then donate the money that you would have spent on two meals to the church to use for the less fortunate . It is also a time to focus on spiritual matters, instead of physical ones. So we have a testimony meeting during Sacrament meeting to be able to share our thoughts and feelings about the Saviour. Kent and I both got up and bore our testimony, so I was already emotional, and then Tyler whispered to me that he wanted to do it also. He had told Kent the month before that he wanted to do it, but he was sick that Sunday so he wasn't able to. Anyway, I knew I would get emotional, but I didn't know what I was in for. When Tyler got up to the pulpit, you couldn't even see him unless you were sitting on the side, but he spoke right into the microphone with such sweetness and conviction. Before he got up he asked what he should say, so I told him a few things, but when he was up there he said so many more things. He said things like "I know the church is true, I am thankful for the prophet and Jesus. I am thankful for the scriptures. I know my family loves me." Then he said, "I feel comfortable when I am with my mom and dad." and for some reason that just really made the tears and sobs come! I was so proud of his desire to bear his testimony and was touched by his innocence and courage. He said afterwards that he was a little shy when he was up there, which I could tell he started getting nervous towards the end because his voice was getting a little shaky, but he did awesome. It makes me so happy to see his testimony grow and to know he wants to do what is right. It was such a tender moment I won't ever forget.

The second moment was today in the car. I've thought about this before because it occurs quite often, but I have never written it down, I don't think. Anyway, I put in a Christmas CD that Morgan really likes and a song came on about how Christmas is celebrating someone else's birthday, but we get the all presents. And how she wishes it could be Christmas everyday so that she could give to others all the time. Anyway, its Morgan's favorite song and she sounds so cute and sweet when she belts out the words (and sometimes just the tune b/c she doesn't know the words). I wonder if she will continue enjoying singing as she gets older. I love listening to her and she does a really good job! I'll always remember her belting out songs while driving in the car - she's so serious and really tries hard to sing the right words and hit the right notes. There is one part in the song "Joy to the World" where they sing really high and opera-like and she sings just like them, which just cracks me up everytime! What fun moments!
I love my kids and the sweet spirits they are - they entertain me, make me smile, and teach me so many things! (At least most of the time! Sometimes they drive me crazy and make me lose my patience too, but those times aren't as nice to think about!)



3 comments:
i love these photos of your munchkins, especially Morgan's.
You are smart to record these Moments. It is so easy to forget. What a special testimony meeting and I love that Morgan is such a little singer. iI love when kids are serious about stuff like that. It is so darn cute.
How sweet Kris.... What a brave little guy to bear his testimony.
And, Gracie sings like Morgan does... loud and with gusto!
Post a Comment