Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentines Day . . .

It's a little late, but better late than never!





Kent came home Friday night and surprised me with a dozen roses. I know he was sort of stressing over what to get me, which I told him he didn't have to get me anything, but of course he always does. They opened up so beautifully!




Saturday morning he gave me the yummy-smelling candle. I found these little plates on clearance at Jo-Ann's last year, so I was so excited to use them! I made everyone French toast for breakfast and gave them a little treat bag.


Tyler had a friend invite him to Chuck E. Cheese for his birthday, so while Kent and his brother fixed some things on Kent's "new" truck (my dad gave him his old one, but Kent was estatic to have a truck and not have to drive the "grandma" car anymore!), Tyler and I went up to Lafayette. After CEC, I did some shopping, which Tyler so patiently followed along, and then we headed home. I ended up getting home later than I expected, so we were all famished, but I made a yummy dinner of French onion soup, garlic bread, and cheese/summer sausage. Afterwards we had chocolate-covered strawberries (a favorite Valentine tradition). I just realized that I was kind of on a French theme - maybe b/c the French are so romantic! :) Anyway, it wasn't really exciting, but it was still nice.

Some perfect Valentine slippers a friend gave me - I love them!












3 comments:

Angela said...

Very cute. Your kids are adorable. I love the little plates!

Beth and Eric Jones said...

how do you write on your pictures? I can not figure that out at all!

Ashley said...

I am loving the plates! How fun to serve such a yummy breakfast on them. Your dinner sounds wonderful too. You made me hungry!