Saturday, April 25, 2009

attempt at a garage sale

Well, I attempted my first official garage sale today. I earned a measley $30.75. I guess that's better than nothing! It was probably because of a lack of good advertising plus I didn't have a huge selection. I WAS able to get rid of the rocking chair and this pink push car, along with some little odds and ends. I think my favorite customer was this little 7 or 8 year old who came by twice. The first time he had 45 cents, but he didn't buy anything. Then he came back a little bit later with a couple dollar bills. I kept suggesting things that I thought he might like, but he said he liked this ornate picture frame that was very pearly and girly that had a resin-like girl in a wedding dress on the bottom and said "forever" on top. I thought it was a little strange, but didn't say anything. I got the picture frame as a wedding gift and never used it b/c it really wasn't my style, so I decided it was time to get rid of it. Anyway, after a little more looking around he said he wanted to get the frame as a Mother's Day gift for his mom. How sweet is that!? I wasn't expecting that at all and thought it was the cutest thing. Luckily it came with some protective foam and a box so I think it would have been OK if he would have crashed or thrown his bike down. :) I told him that I thought it was very nice of him to get something like that for his mom. Tyler was out there so maybe he got some hints! ;) I think there was about 9 or 10 people who came and only 4 or 5 who bought anything. I was really hoping some of the nicer things would have sold, but oh well. Anyway, that was my garage sale adventure.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

I got one of those frames from a Tongan family when I got married! I kept it for a while, but never used it, just like you. I still remember what it looked like though - it was arched on top and had a couple in a bottom corner. It was beautiful...

Ashley said...

Oh, and no 90 degrees is not normal for out here. We were having quite the heat wave. Things are back to normal now.

Rona said...

O.K. you should have called me... I make well over $100 dollars when I have a yard sale... I would have helped you