Morgan and her little friend Ady both wanted to take ballet lessons last fall, so it ended up that they were able to be in the same dance class this year. It made taking ballet even more fun! They both were so excited for their dance recital and practiced very hard all year for it. What cute daisies they make, huh? Morgan loved getting dressed up (mostly) except for the black lines she had to have under her eyes. She said they made her look like a cat! I said they made her look like a football player. :) They were supposed to make hers eyes "pop" on stage so everyone could see them better. By the fourth night (2 nights of dress rehearsal!) we had getting her ready down pat!
Unbeknownst to us until the dress rehearsal, the theme this year was "Living Green". The name of their dance was Hydroponics, which suited them well since they were little daisies, but some of the routines/outfits didn't have ANYTHING to do with the name of their dance. Some of the names were things like: Save the Trees, Carpool, Buying Eco friendly, Industry . . . and the Land Weeps, Holes in the Ozone, Solar Energy, and last but not least - A Lifetime in a Landfill! What a depressing way to end, huh?! Kind of weird if you asked me, and most of the routines were cute with classical or fun music and pretty outfits, but a lot of the Dance Company ones (the older girls who take all the different kinds of dance) were too contemporary and weird for me (both the outfits and the music). So I was glad Morgan's was cute! 
We had lots of family come watch - both Friday and Saturday, so Morgan was so happy to see them there! Thanks everyone for coming and supporting Morgan during her big night!








3 comments:
Oh, I wish so badly we could have been there! I wanted to go really bad but we are starting a bed time schedule with Leon and I didn't want to mess it up (it is finally starting to work). Morgan makes such a beautiful ballerina. Make sure she knows I said that. Maybe she can get all ballerina'd up for me so I can take some photos of her.
She is such a beautiful little girl. Getting so big too! Looks like she had a great time!
what fun picturs! Love the tutu! The eye make up thing is a little weird! But, she's so cute it can't distract! ANd lucky girl with the flowers! You did a great job with the bun!
Post a Comment