Saturday, June 6, 2009

Photo Walk FHE

I didn't have a whole lot of time to plan family home evening, and when I was looking in the back of the Friend magazine I found this cute idea. It said to take a walk and take pictures of things you liked or thought was interesting and then come home and look at the pictures and read the poems kids sent in. It was basically talking about learning about the world around us and appreciating nature and God's creations. The kids loved taking pictures and it was fun to get a few shots of our little Waynetown to have as memories once we move.

This is who took which picture: from top left to right and around; Morgan, me (I liked the texture of the bark), me (the flag gave me such a sense of patriotism and gratitude for the country I live in), Tyler (the flower pots are our neighbors, Charlie and Marilyn - the kids love going over there to sit on their porch and drink chocolate milk).

Tyler (I liked the texture on these unique bricks in the sidewalk too!), Kent (I didn't want him to take a picture of me, but I didn't win that battle!), me (because I love flowers) and Morgan (Tyler had to take a picture of the creek also, but I decided to only post one)

Kent, Kent (we love going over the walking bridge across the creek), me (downtown Waynetown - although most of them are deserted now! But it reminded me of those olden days movies the way all the buildings are connected), Kent (one of the two restaurants to eat in town - not counting the bar!)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kayli said...

Love the picture of you, Kris. It's awesome.

:)

Jeni Allen said...

Looking at those photos makes me so nostagic for small town Indiana. If only . . .

Ashley said...

This is a great idea for FHE. I like the pic of you too Kris. ;) When are you guys moving back to Lafayette? Do you have a date?