Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Louisville Temple

I'm sort of playing catch up, but a couple weekends ago all of my family except my oldest brother and wife (who couldn't come b/c he couldn't be away from his work that long) went to the Louisville Temple to do a lot of family names. Our ward did a "take 5" challenge where we got at least 5 names ready to have temple work done for them by a certain date. The youth performed the baptisms earlier and then we did the rest this trip. Kent had some names to do too, so he was able to finish the last of the work that day as well. It was so neat to be in the temple together with the majority of my family. What special memories! A couple girls from my mom's ward came down and watched the kids (along with my mom for some of the time). It was so nice b/c the church building was right across the parking lot of the temple! I'm so glad we were able to go and spend some time in the temple with my family. What a wonderful day it was! We went out to eat at Cracker Barrel afterwards. I'm always torn between getting breakfast or dinner there! I ended up getting breakfast, but I think I should have gotten a big salad I was craving. Oh well. I was exhausted by the time we got home, but it was well worth it.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Beth and Eric Jones said...

What a wonderful experience you guys must have had. That is a great picture of your family. I can't believe how grown up all your kiddos look.

Beth and Eric Jones said...

What a wonderful experience you guys must have had. That is a great picture of your family. I can't believe how grown up all your kiddos look.