Friday, August 14, 2009

First day of school!


The kids first day of school was yesterday. We had Back to School Night Wednesday, when they found out who their teacher was going to be and was able to see their classroom. Morgan didn't get Tyler's teacher from kindergarten, which I pretty much expected, and Tyler got a girl-in-his-grade's mom (I think the little girl has had a crush on him since kindergarten!). They both got right up in the morning and Morgan was especially excited to get ready and head out to the bus. But she did have a few butterflies. It was cute because she asked Tyler if his tummy felt a little funny, and he said no, but she said hers did a little. She said she was a little nervous, but even more excited to go. She has been waiting for this day ever since Tyler started school!
She was so excited to use her new backpack and wear her new clothes! But she said the first day of school was the ONLY day she was going to let me put two pony tails in her hair! :( I think she is so cute like that, but she doesn't like two. I'll have to talk her into it again sometime.


It's kind of weird having just Harrison home, and I think he is loving it! Kent doesn't start school until next week, so he was able to see them off. Kind of crazy knowing that Kent wasn't in his classroom greeting students and starting a new year teaching, but he's all ready to start classes up and jump right into his degree. So many changes and adjustments this school year! In a couple weeks we should all be in the swing of things again and back to a normal routine.

4 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

What darling kiddos!

I'm glad you like our site- thanks for visiting; hope to see you around more!

-Sara :)

Hilary said...

way cute.... My favorite hair style is 2 pony tails too! Why is it so cute? Gracie refuses and Ella sometimes likes it and sometimes doesn't....

Now, catch me up-- I thought you were moving?

Staci said...

very cute. i like how you did the title with their picture and the profile pictures too. how did you do it? was it a new design?

Unknown said...

I am so glad to see the happenings in the family! Makes us feel a part of what is happening! Such cute kids! Morgan will have to know how to handle the boys! Guess Tyler is a pro at that by now! (girls that is)
MOM