It's definitely been an adjustment, and I have to admit that Monday and Tuesday were probably NOT the best days of my life, but it got better by Wednesday and Thursday. Kent gets so stressed out SOOOO easily and is quite the perfectionist, so having to figure out everything he needed to do, find a parking spot, go to presentations and club meetings, meet with his team, etc, etc, etc, he was a little frazzled by Tuesday night, just to say the least. The poor guy didn't get to see Harrison and Tyler for two days straight because he had to leave before the got up and got home after they went to bed. Tuesday morning Morgan woke up early enough to see him before he left, so that helped him I think. He really is attached to the kids and I could tell it took quite a toll on him not being able to see them hardly at all this week. It took a toll on all of us! At least his team is understanding and doesn't make a big deal out of him having to cut his time short so he can get home at a decent hour or in time for dinner (he is the only married one on his team).
The kids go absolutely crazy when they see him and cling to him like there's no tomorrow. I had to be a single mom up until Wednesday night with getting the kids up and ready for school, getting homework done, making dinner while trying to keep kids entertained and/or keep them from bugging each other too much, giving baths, doing all the household chores and putting them to bed. Having to do that all by yourself sure wears you down - emotionally AND physically!
SO NOT FUN!!!
It really makes me appreciate all the effort Kent puts into helping with the kids and around the house! By Tuesday I was wondering if we were going to be able to make it, but Kent came home Wednesday night in time to help put the kids in bed and then yesterday he was home in time for dinner, so that made things so much better!
I think once he kind of gets in the groove of things he will not get as stressed as much (notice I said not AS MUCH because I'm sure he'll be having plenty of panic attacks throughout the semester, but hopefully only when big projects are due!) and we will be able to get used to the schedule better. I gave a Family Home Evening lesson on ways the kids can help me out now that Kent is not going to be around as much and how they can help keep peace around here and basically keep me sane! Tyler seems to have caught on for the most part, but I think it went in one of Morgan's ear and out the other and Harrison just doesn't understand yet. That's just their personalities I think, or maybe its their age too.
It would be a heck of a lot easier if we could sell our dang house and move up to Lafayette so that Kent could come home in between classes and studying to see the kids, but by the way its been going that isn't going to happen any time soon. I keep giving myself pep talks that it will all be worth it in the end and reminding myself that blessings come AFTER the trial of faith - I just wish my trial wasn't so long! :) There are pros and cons to staying down here while he is in school, so I just have to keep up the faith that Heavenly Father knows best and if its best that we stay here for now, then I need to accept that. I've seen reasons and answers to some of my questions and concerns, so I know that time will tell on the rest and that it will all work out in the end.
Anyway, I'll stop my ramblings now. I think I'll just sit back and enjoy listening to the rain fall out my open windows. Such a peaceful, calming sound.



4 comments:
Kris! You are an amazing mom. If anyone can handle this, it's you! Great idea having the family home evening. I think I am gonna have to do that also. I can't remember the last time Dave was home for dinner during the week. The kids are really lucky if they see him on a weekday before bed. His schedule lately is CRAZY. He is in crunch to get his game done and basically until they lock down the game on Halloween for shipping, we won't see much of him. So, I know how it feels running things on your own most of the time. It just makes the time he is with us (like the weekends) priceless family time. Enjoy your time together!
hang in there cuz! I don't see Eric at ALL in the summer. We talk about it all of the time how hard it is going to be when kids come into the picture---which is only 4 months away! I am a HUGE communicator so that is how we are getting by, whether he wants to talk or not! You know guys, they LOVE to talk. hehe. I pray everyday that our future plans will work out so our kids can see their daddy and I see my husband!
I'm glad you got throught it. I think it is hard enough when Kyle is gone 12 hours a day with one kid. I can't imagine what it is like with three. At least two of them are in school now. You such a strong lady and such a good example to me! I love my sister-in-laws. Also, thanks for the encouragement the other day. You know how it can get.
good luck, Kris. I hope things work out SOON for you. I hate being a single mom. We're meant to do it in two's, dontcha think?
Post a Comment