On Monday we went with some friends to Cataract Falls, which is suppose to be the largest water fall in Indiana (based on the amount of water that runs through it each year). They go every Labor Day and we haven't been able to go before, so I was excited to go this year. And to make it even better, there wasn't anyone at the gate, so we got in free! Again, Kent couldn't go because of homework, but he probably would have just been paranoid the whole time due to the uneveness of the creek bed in some places and all the rushing water (but don't worry - it wasn't that bad otherwise we wouldn't have done it!) It was a lot of fun, even though we got rained on a few times. It took Harrison a little bit to get used to the water, but after awhile he enjoyed it. They have a covered bridge there too, so the kids had a ball running up and down it with our friends' dog, Hurley. Indiana is known for its many covered bridges (there's even a festival with lots of craft booths, food, etc named for all the covered bridges around here!) and I'm sad to say that even though I'm from Indiana and have lived here the majority of my life, this was the FIRST covered bridge I think I walked across! OK, actually now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I've visited one other one. I've seen different ones from a distance, but haven't visited a bunch of them.


This is what some of the dried creek bed looked like on the edges. There was a really wide area that was smooth and flat under some shallow water that was easy to walk on. Pretty cool, huh?
Thanks Sommers for letting us come with you! We all had a blast!


























1 comment:
That looks REALLY fun, Kris! Gorgeous too. A natural water slide? How cool!
Post a Comment