Thursday, December 24, 2009

Stuck at home on Christmas Eve . . .

Well, I thought I was clear of getting the 24-hr flu bug that Tyler had on Monday since it had been three days and I hadn't gotten sick, but last night I started feeling queasy and then in the middle of the night I got sick a couple times. JUST IN TIME for Christmas! So, Kent took the kids and a friend of his from school, who didn't have anywhere to go, to the Children's Museum and my parents' house today while I stayed here alone. I feel a little better than I did last night, but I still feel weak and my stomach sort of aches. I don't normally throw myself a pity party, but I have to admit that I kind of feel like it today. I mean, of all days, why did it have to be today???!!! Hopefully I'll feel better enough to not miss the Christmas Day festivities tomorrow. Most everyone who has had it around here says it only lasts 24 hours. Knowing my luck these days I'll have it longer! So to pass the time I took two naps (ready for my 3rd), watched boring day time TV, and did a couple sb layouts, which I think turned out pretty cute at least. The gray one really isn't crooked, but my scanner wouldn't scan it straight for some reason. I guess I was due for having to miss a Christmas due to illness since it doesn't hardly ever happen. I'm just glad it wasn't one of the kids b/c I know how much that would have stunk. I'm really surprised Kent or Harrison hasn't gotten it yet. Morgan seems to stay fairly healthy easier, but I guess we'll see in the next few days. Wishing all the rest of you a Merry Christmas!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

candy's clothes closet said...

SOOO SORRY!! Kirk was home sick yesterday afternoon. He slept all evening and felt better today so luckily we were all able to go spend Christmas at my parent's house. I know what it's like to miss out. I've missed one or 2 Thanksgivings a Christmas or two and even a couple of my own birthdays. I'll pray that you can celebrate with all of us tomorrow. love ya!

Ashley said...

Kris, you poor thing! I hope you were felling better to celebrate Christmas Day and help "Santa". I love your scrapbook layouts, as always. I especially love your darling picture of the ring on (is that Harrison's?) foot.