Tyler's baptism turned out wonderfully. We had lots of friends and family come and he was so excited he could hardly wait! I just wanted to thank everyone who came and brought food also! Kirk and Candy were nice enough to offer their house for the family get-together afterwards since their house is much bigger than ours. Thanks guys! He got a nice bank that is split into tithing/mission/fun money sections and we got him some new scriptures and the book
White Shirts. I got teary-eyed reading it the first time! Surprisingly though I was able to keep my composure during the baptism and didn't break down and cry at all! Tyler was so handsome and all smiles that day. Before the baptism he told me he was a little nervous knowing everyone was going to be staring at him. He was able to pull the plug in the drain and he told me afterwards that when they closed the doors to the font he swam around in the water for a second! What a silly boy! He is such a great little boy and makes me so happy and proud. He was even excited to fast for the first time this past Sunday! What a special day it was and one I will always remember.
We invited a couple non-member friends of ours who are close to Tyler, but unfortunately they weren't able to come. Here is the invitation I made for them:

I made a picture frame last year at the RS craft night for Tyler's baptism, so I need to get a picture to put in it. The sticker says: A day to Remember

Ready for the big event!

Tyler was about to give Harrison bunny ears! Last time until it really counts! :)

These two turned out blurry! Grrr!
I also decided to cutesy up the program, so I just added a little ribbon and some plastic flowers to the bottom of the program and then made color copies. Simple yet cute!

Tyler's cousin, Victoria, and my mom played a piano/violin duet. It was beautiful!
I got this idea from Hilary - loved it, but nobody understood why they were attached by a toothpick until I explained that they were suppose to be white "8's"! Then they all got it and thought it was a fun idea.
He was so excited to get new scriptures and a scripture case!


All the men in the confirmation circle:
The cool newly-baptized boy!
5 comments:
We're so proud of you Tyler! I bet it was a special day for all of you!
It was such a pleasure to share in Tyler's special day. We really enjoyed having your family in our home. He had such a sweet smile the whole afternoon. we love you guys!
That was a fun day! I love the frame you made for him. He's so cute in his sunglasses. You guys are such a great family. :) Thanks for having me participate- I'm sorry the playing wasn't perfect. I'm not much of a piano player. Kent's family's really great too. They were all really nice.
I left a comment- did you get it?
what cuteness! Love his gifts-- and the program, etc. turned out perfect. I'm laughing about the 8's because mine didn't work out so hot either - nobody got it. Oh well! Congrats on a special day!
Post a Comment