Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

A weekend full of hugs, kisses, and LOTS of candy!

Morgan got this huge lollipop from her Primary teacher!


Sunday night I made a special dinner: BBQ pork, off-the-cob corn (aka Uncle Ron's corn!), rolls, baked potatoes and a special Cupid's love potion!


This was Morgan's full plate:



This was her plate after about 2 minutes! She scarfed the stuff down and ate about 2 or 3 more helpings of pork!




Chocolate lollipops Grandma made us!


Kisses from my favorite Valentines! (Kent isn't into silly pictures - he thinks they are cheesy!)

I decided to get all creative for the kids' Valentine's party at school, so I found this easy recipe at Our Best Bites - Valentine fortune cookies! I have to admit that although they turned out cute, they were very time consuming and some of them didn't turn out the greatest. But the kids loved them (so I heard) and they made for a fun treat. I doubt I do them again anytime soon though! I made almost 50 little fortune cookies!!! Thanks to Morgan's class having 28 kids - she has almost twice the number of kids that Tyler has in his class!




Kent and I went to see Avatar Friday night for our Valentine's date. We had heard mixed reviews, so we really didn't have high expectations. But we thought it was really good! The story line was pretty predictable and common, but the imagination was awesome and the 3D effects were really well done. I'd have to give it a thumbs up!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Kris, I am always amazed at how you find the time to do such special things for your kids and husband. Those cookies are awesome! I bet the kids were thrilled. Way to go and your dinner just made me really hungry. ;)

Kelly Allen said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful valentine's weekend! It's funny because we had BBQ pork that night too! I love the cupid's Love Potion - I don't know how you find that stuff!

dmorganfam said...

You are always so creative and positive! You are a great example of making the best of things!! Love the fortune cookies!

Hilary said...

You did such fun things! I heard making fortune cookies are HARD! They look so cute though!