Well, I have lots of things I could be blogging, but they will just have to wait. I am up to my ears in boxes and packing right now - along with trying to do the day-to-day chores and responsibilities too! We found an apt. in Carmel, about 10 minutes from Kent's work. It was SUCH a headache looking for an apt. that met all our criteria, but we did and I feel very happy, relieved and at peace with where we will be staying over the summer. THANK YOU again Jeni for watching the kids while we went around to all the apts! Its still quite a distance from my parents, but I guess that's just the way it will have to be. I'm so excited b/c there will be a Target and Kohls TWO MINUTES from our apt. and an outdoor mall RIGHT ACROSS the street! Not that I will be able to spend tons of money, but it will be fun to get out and just look around! So we are closing on our house this Friday and then starting (or I guess I should say finishing up) the moving process this weekend. We've been taking loads and loads and loads of boxes, furniture, etc to a storage unit in Lafayette so that we only take the BARE essentials to Carmel. No decorations, pictures, and not even bed frames for the kids! There wouldn't be room from 3 framed beds in their room anyway! :) But I've come to realize just how little you really CAN live on if you need to! Our house is slowly becoming more and more empty. And very echoy too! I was debating whether to go through the hassle of registering them in the public school or if I should try to get them home schooled for the month, but I think it will just be easier to enroll them in the elementary school. Morgan is ready to go, but Tyler is a little more hesitant. At least he has been preparing for it the last few weeks.
I'm looking forward to having a fun, relaxing summer! Friday is my last day of work. I know I'm going to get teary-eyed, but I can't wait to not have to work (outside the home at least!).
Well, I better go. I need to get a lot of things done today! More later. Probably not until we get settled in though.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you settled on an apartment, even if it's not in our ward. Let me know if I can help you out in ANY way! Do you need help unpacking the few things you're bringing this weekend? Let me know!
Moving is so hard, especially when you guys were comfortable in C-Ville. But it will be nice for you to be able to stay home with the kiddos this summer and take a little break. Just think of it as a extended vacation. Leon and I will have to come and visit you. Maybe I can even watch the kiddos for a couple of hours so you can get out of the apartment. Let me know if you need anything!
Hm, is that outside mall Clay Terrace perhaps? So are you almost to Westfield? Sounds like it.
Well I hope to see you this summer to play....
Good luck w/ the rest of the package.
Oh, I ran into your SIL, Candy, at the Zoo a couple weeks ago. I was with a friend here, Tami, and we met up w/ Candy and Kate and their whole crew. Good times. Anyway, okay bye!
Sounds like you guys are ready! We have moved so many times since we got married. We've been in this house for almost five years though! A record for us. I had Meagan in San Angelo, Texas. We were in a furnished apartment for four months and then we moved. Quite the experience only being there for a little while and having a baby. But we made friends with people we still stay in contact with! It'll be so much fun for you guys!
Kris! I have been wondering how things were going for you guys. Moving is SUCH a chore. The thing I love about it, is you finally go through everything and can get a little more organized. That being said, it wears you out big time!! I don't know if I ever told you this, but we decided to put all our stuff into storage in Utah when we moved to California from Indiana. Just in case things didn't end up working out. So, we filled our little Honda Accord with 2 blow up mattresses, one tv, 2 camping chairs, a folding craft table to eat on and all our clothes (not even in suitcases cause they took up too much room) and headed to CA. There were garmets in the back window. ;) And we lived like that in a teeny-tiny little one bedroom for 5 months. I can't tell you how excited I was to see all our stuff again (especially my bed since I was about 7 months pregnant with Kyle!) Anyways, I look back on those times and think of them as a great adventure for our little family. Good luck this summer! And let us know how things are going as soon as you get settled! I am so glad you found a place!
i will miss u guys so much!!! at least i will still c u at g-ma carols house
p.s. love the picture of u guys
Post a Comment