Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Simply Amazing. Seriously.



So I found this recipe in a Cooking Light magazine (March 2010) a couple months ago and thought I would try it out. I finally did tonight and can I just tell you it is THE BEST pork chop recipe I've ever had?! Seriously. THE best. Hands down. So if you enjoy LOTS of flavor, keep reading for a divine pork chop meal just waiting to be made!

Pan-Grilled Pork Chops with Grilled Pineapple Salsa

4 (4 oz) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick) *you could also use chicken and I'm sure it would be just as delicious
1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp fresh lime juice, divided
4 (1/2 inch thick) slices of pineapple
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
1 Tbsp minced jalapeno pepper (there was no heat at all with this amount, so next time I will probably use the whole thing)



Combine pork and 1 Tbsp juice; sprinkle with salt (I used Kosher salt) and pepper; let stand 10 minutes (I let it stand until I was ready to cook them).

Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat (I just used a skillet since we don't have a grill pan). Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pineapple and onion; cook 4 minutes on each side or until onion is tender and pineapple is browned. Set aside to cool.

While pineapple and onions are cooling, coat pan again with cooking spray. Add pork; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done (mine was a lot longer than 4 minutes!). I also covered them after they browned to make sure they got done on the inside.

While the pork chops are cooking, coarsely chop pineapple and onion; combine in a medium bowl with remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice, jalapeno and 1/8 teaspoon salt.

As the pork chops were cooking, I kept flipping them now and then so they got coated with the juicy brown liquid. Once the pork chops are done, serve with the pineapple salsa and rice.

Let me tell you - it was a little piece of heaven! Yum!


1 comment:

Kelly Allen said...

mmmm...sounds so good. I'm always looking for more porkchop recipes. Thanks for sharing.