Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fun Thanksgiving Weekend


We went to my brother's house in Ohio for Thanksgiving break. It was a cold and rainy ride there, but when we arrived it was warm and cozy in their house. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted, but I did take a few. We spent the day relaxing, eating, taking an invigorating walk, playing games and planning for Black Friday. We were ALL together, which had been a while, so that was really nice. My other brother's family had to leave later that day, so we missed having them join the rest of the weekend festivities, but we were glad they could come for a little bit. We had a bit of a scare with Tyler. He ate a Mexican Wedding Cake cookie and all of a sudden started feeling like something was in his throat and kept coughing and started having a hard time breathing. His chest started hurting really badly and his eyes started to swell. Luckily I brought the Benadryl and got some down him. Once that got in his system and Kent gave him a blessing, he started feeling better, but the poor little guy looked miserable. He must have some kind of tree nut allergy, so I need to get him checked out. Needless to say, if there is any kind of nut other than peanuts in anything, he won't even get near it. I don't blame him!

Friday ended up being VERY LONG! Actually it started late Thursday night when my SIL, Jen, and I braved the windy, rainy weather to wait in line at Toys R Us, which ended up being a waste of time, but oh well, it made for good memories! I got up early to join her on Friday morning AFTER she had already been out shopping for about 3 hours because I just couldn't hack that. I got a few things, and she really hit the jackpot, so it was worth it. Needless to say though, I was pretty exhausted when we got back. While the boys went shooting clay pigeons and pellet guns (the younger ones), we all rested up and got cleaned up so that we would be ready to take my mom out to lunch at Miss Molly's Tea Room for her birthday. We dressed the little girls up in fancy dresses and took some pictures. Miss Molly's is this cute Victorian style restaurant with lace doilies, tea cups and tea pots, pretty china, lots of pink and big Victorian hutches. Very girly, which Morgan LOVED. She was so excited to have her own little tea pot to pour her lemonade out of!

After lunch, we brought Morgan and Faith back home and the rest of us girls went to get a manicure and stop at this fashion jewelry store. We had loads of fun listening to all the women talk in the nail salon and looking for just the right jewelry to buy. We even got a free ring with our purchase! It was a super fun and much needed girls day out!



We met up with the guys to end our fun and busy day at the movie theater to see Tangled. Very cute and funny! And of all places, I saw a girl from my old ward going to see the same movie with her SIL! Her SIL is in my brother's ward! Such a small world when it comes to the church! It was so nice to get home after the movie and change into comfy clothes and get ready for the long drive home in the morning. It was a very busy weekend, but it was so much fun. Thanks Aaron and Jen for hosting Thanksgiving and for all the great activities!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelly Allen said...

Looks and sounds like sooooo much fun! And you may be pregnant but you are looking good in all of these pictures. I love your hair like that.

Staci said...

how do you do those crazy awesome like collages? i need to know! :)

you guys had so much fun friday. :( happy for you, sad for us. wish we could have stayed, but the little ones probably wouldn't have hashed it out well. maybe next year.

thursday was fabulous. ;)