Because I had the Group B strep and I delivered so fast, they weren't able to feed an antibiotic through an IV to get it into Callie's system before she was born, so they had to put her in the NICU to give her antibiotics through an IV. When I was feeding her one time, the IV came out and there was blood all over her and they couldn't get it in the right way, so they decided to just leave it out and give her antibiotics shots instead and then she could leave the NICU and stay with me or in the nursery. That was kind of nice because I got tired of having to go down to the NICU to feed her or see her. She got her first bath while there and I just loved the nurse that was assigned to Callie. She was so nice and helpful and very sweet. You could tell she loved taking care of all the little babies. Look at her first hair-do! She didn't much like getting her hair done, but I said I'm sure that will change in a few years!
Going home outfit
All bundled up to brave the snow and cold!







1 comment:
She's so amazing, Kris! I'm glad it all turned out well! I bet you and Kent are relieved to have your little one home safe and sound. Can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment