Monday, May 16, 2011

We're Making Music

The 3rd graders performed their spring program called We're Making Music using their recorders they have been practicing with all year, homemade Dulcimer guitars, xylophones, homemade tin strums, and other various instruments. It was very good and Tyler did a great job. I really enjoyed listening to all the different songs and instruments. I helped pass out instruments and props during the dress rehearsal, but got to sit and watch it in the audience that night. Some kids did a dance and it was funny to hear them complain about wearing the headbands and having to dance with the boys!

Tyler's class - quite a variety of ethnic backgrounds (due to Purdue!)



My camera doesn't do too hot in the dark and far away, but at least I got a picture of him.


The colored pieces of string on his recorder are the different levels he has achieved. I think he's a blue belt.




Thanks Grandpa and Grandmas for coming to listen to him!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow, what a wonderful music program your school must have Tyler! Great job buddy!