I'll start with the ugliest room first:
The 1/2 bath downstairs:
BEFORE
Need to get a new light fixture, but it's not high on the priority list. Who in their right mind would sponge paint a room metallic gold with stenciled green ferns???!!!

Front room/living room:
BEFORE
Even though we painted it a beige, the previous paint was quite a bit darker and had some pink tones to it. We also painted all the trim white instead of keeping it a cream color.
AFTER

They had a pool table in the front part of the living room, which is why there is a pool table light fixture. Definitely one of the first lights to go once we start replacing the lights! We took out the laminate in the back part of the room and made it all carpeted.

The kitchen:
BEFORE
WAY too dark!!!
AFTER
We were going to paint the family room this sort of sage green and the kitchen a super light green that was one step down from the sage, but it seemed too dark for the FR, so we swapped them and I think they both look wonderful now! Kent wanted WHITE walls because he likes things light and bright, but I put my foot down and said NO, so to compromise, I chose light tone colors for the walls. I think they were all good choices and Kent is fine with them.

I got this stylish fruit bowl with a GC from Michael's for my birthday. Thanks Andy and Staci!
I just LOVE it! You can't really tell, but with the light green I'm having red accents. I would like to swap out my wicker basket that I store my utensils in with a cute red crock at some point. I don't like the counter tops (they look like homemade paper!), but maybe someday we'll replace them. Definitely not a priority though. I DO love all the cabinet space I have though!
The family room:
BEFORE (with an even more rose-toned beige!)
You probably didn't notice, but all the base boards were painted the same color as the wall color in all the rooms except the front LR. To say I am tired of painting baseboards, trim and doors white would be an understatement! And we still have more to do! All in due time though. :)
You probably didn't notice, but all the base boards were painted the same color as the wall color in all the rooms except the front LR. To say I am tired of painting baseboards, trim and doors white would be an understatement! And we still have more to do! All in due time though. :)
AFTER (with carpet!)
I would love to build some built-in bookshelves/cabinets on each side, but I don't know if that will happen or not. I LOVE my fireplace! I didn't know where to put all the things I put on the mantle, so I just sort of arranged them like this and I think I really like it! We are saving up for new furniture, so that will make it look a ton better. I also still need to put up my collage of pictures on each side of the FP, but I haven't gotten to that yet. So many little things to do still!


The dining area:

The girls' room:
I didn't take any before shots because it was just a darker pink. The one thing I DON'T like about this house is that the kids' rooms are very small and there are only 3 bedrooms. Oh well, we won't stay here forever.



The boys' room:
BEFORE
AFTER


Our bedroom:
BEFORE
AFTER
I bought the comforter set with my birthday money and I just LOVE the way our room turned out! Especially the pictures of each of the kids with me hanging on the wall! And can I tell you that I figured out that I have only spent like $8 for the furniture in our room?! Most of it has been given to us. That pretty much goes for all the furniture in our house. We've been truly blessed by the generosity of many people! A lot of the pieces in our home I have repainted or refinished, which I really enjoy doing. I have a list of pieces I need to repaint or update, but I think those things are going to have to wait a bit.
Our bathroom:
BEFORE
You can't tell the color, but it is a really light green. AND we put up a towel rack!

BEFORE

So, there you have it. Our little house in a nutshell. A lot of light fixtures are way out-dated, so that will be our next investment at some point. We are very happy here and love all the living space (besides the kids' bedrooms) we have. It's a great neighborhood and we have a great yard too. Can't wait to work on the outside next year!



10 comments:
It looks so much better now with your touch Kris! My favorite is yours and Kent's room. The greens and grayish beiges look so nice together.
Your house looks so nice and open. I love your master bedroom too. Really nice choice on the colors and the bedding.
Super cute house! I love to paint. It's gets old, but it's so rewarding when you're finished! The house looks great!
Wow Kris! You have been very busy! You are so good at redecorating and making things cozy and cute! I don't know how you find the time and energy to do it all! :)
very nice Kris!!
It looks great! I can tell you're itching to do more. A house never seems to be done...there's always more to do. But you've done very well so far - I especially love your bedroom! I LOVE green!
Nice job!!!! I am impressed with everything you have done so far! I hate moving because I am a get-everything-done-NOW person...its exhausting! hehe. Great creativity eye! xoxo
Wow Kris, I don't know how you found the time to do all that painting with 2 little ones still at home during the day. You are a miracle worker! The house looks so much better. I'm sure you love having your own tastes and style in there now. Looks Great!
I actually have only painted the kitchen and 1/2 bath since we moved in - the rest we painted before moving in. My mom was kind enough to take the kids for a couple days so I only had Callie around when trying to paint. Kent also helped out in the evenings and on the weekends.
Kris it all looks so pretty! You have done a wonderful job:)
Carrie
Post a Comment