Thursday, January 5, 2012

10 months!

This little girl is growing up WAY TOO FAST! She surprised us all by starting to WALK at 10 months old!!!! I guess she just wanted to keep up with her older siblings. I don't think it helped slow her down any with all the walking toys she practiced with. It has taken her a couple weeks, but now she pretty much walks everywhere she wants to go! It so adorable and I love watching her come to me. She is this tiny little thing that goes wherever she wants! Everyone can't believe she is old enough to even crawl, let alone walk!

Unless she is sleeping she is the HARDEST thing to take a picture of without it being blurred from her moving around. She also doesn't like to look at the camera - too many things to explore! She is starting to recognize waving hi and bye and even tries doing it. She gets SOO excited when I say "say bye-bye" or "say hi" and gives me the biggest smiles and starts jumping up and down. I think she is learning the signs for "more" and "all done" because I think I recognized them the other day. She also is saying mamamama and dadadadada a lot. Whether she really is calling us that, who knows, but she is learning to put sounds together a lot more now.

She loves to explore all cabinets - especially the one under the kitchen sink with all the cleaning supplies. She has forced me to buy those cabinet locks because she just won't leave it alone. She is one little daredevil too. She likes to stand in her high chair and reach for things on the counter. The other day I turned around and she had crawled up ONTO her high chair tray and was STANDING on top of it!!!! What the heck!? I can't keep my eyes off of her for a minute!

She loves the remotes and phones and will find anything left on the floor to munch on - including the dog's food and water. Nasty. The doctor wants to boost up her weight, so I am TRYING to supplement her with formula, but she doesn't really like it. I've tried hiding the taste some by adding chocolate syrup, but that doesn't seem to help after the initial gulp or two. It just gets spit out all over her bib once she realizes what it is. At least I try.

Here's proof of her walking capability. This was when she was just starting to take more than one step at a time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: