So I'm a couple weeks late, but I'm getting closer to being caught up!
Morgan is now eight years old!

Morgan is now eight years old!
She started the day off with her breakfast of choice - chocolate donuts and fruit. That afternoon we went swimming at a friend's house and she anxiously waited for Kent to get home so she could open her presents.

This is a coupon for getting her ears pierced and 3 sets of earrings. She was SOOOO excited!!!! We made her wait until she was 8 to get her ears pierced so that she would be responsible enough to keep her pierced ears healthy by herself. Her brothers and sister also got her that cute headband she is wearing.

Kent wanted to be with her as well when she got her ears pierced, so after dinner we headed over to the mall. She was a bit nervous, but I think she was more excited than anything.

She did really well, although her eyes started watering just a bit right when they pierced them, but she shook it off and was super brave! Little did we know she picked out some of the most expensive starter earrings! The girls working didn't mention there were different priced earrings and I didn't even think about that, so we got a little surprise when they gave us the total! If you know Kent, you won't be surprised that his jaw almost dropped wide open, but he just had to grin and bear it. Ha ha! We'll just go to good 'ol Walmart when Callie wants hers pierced, that's for sure. But hey, since turning 8 is a special birthday, we didn't worry too much about it. We get a good laugh about it now. :)

She wanted ice cream sundae's for her birthday treat, so we just stuck the candles in her ice cream. I tried making homemade chocolate cherry chunk, but it didn't make as much as I thought, so we had to add homemade chocolate to it, which sort of took away from the scrumptious, delightful flavor, but it was still yummy anyway.

She wanted to go camping on her birthday and since we did the ear piercing thing, it was just easier to camp in our backyard. They didn't care where we camped as long as they got to sleep in the tent! Oh, we also made s'mores over the grill. It was quite a bit more time consuming than coals on a fire, but they were still good!

We read stories by flashlight (which Harrison kept turning off or moving, which made it difficult, but why am I not surprised? :) )







1 comment:
You are such a fun mom. What a special day for your cute girl. I can't get over how long and beautiful it is. She looks so cute in her headband and earrings!!Happy Birthday Morgan! I look forward to meeting you one day!!! :)
Post a Comment