We started SOOOOO EARLY this year because our school corporation adopted the "balanced" school year for the first time. They get two weeks off for Fall Break, two at Christmas and two for Spring Break. I think it will be nice to have a longer break in the fall so that we can enjoy the beautiful fall weather together more or be able to go places on the off season (once we decide when to go to Disneyworld!), but I do feel like we are starting school in the middle of summer (which technically I guess we are!). And with them having such long breaks, I feel like we should actually do something fun to enjoy the time off, so I've got to start thinking.
So Tyler looks like he is giving a "high 5" because he is now in 5TH GRADE!!!
Tyler made choir again this year, started up piano lessons and is playing soccer.
Miss Morgan is a big 3rd grader now! (The hardest year for Tyler so far, so we'll see how she does)
Oh, Tyler and Morgan are on the Student Council this year. Morgan informed me that she wants to be involved in as many things as she can be! Well, we'll see about that. ;) She has started piano this year as well, so that is a start, I guess.
And my baby boy is now a big KINDERGARTENER!!!! He cried a few times at school the first week and then on the Monday and Tuesday of the second week he REFUSED to get on the bus, so I had to drive him to school. I had to leave him kicking and screaming and pulling him off of my leg. His poor teacher had to carry him just so he wouldn't run back to me! I was frustrated, concerned, sad, and then got just plain angry, but I am happy to report he is doing much better now. We made a chart for him and every day he got on the bus without throwing a fit or crying he got a star. Morgan would walk down to his classroom and so he finally earned a new toy. After a couple weeks, Morgan was able to stop taking him down to his room off the bus. He definitely has come leaps and bounds! His teacher said he would get through it and it would just take a couple weeks to adjust, which I knew was true, but it STILL was a difficult thing to go through. I think part of it was because he had never really been away at a "real" school for preschool (all his joy schools were just at other people's houses) as well as the fact that he had just barely turned 5 before school started. With how clingy Callie is, I think I should have her in a real preschool at least one year before she starts kindergarten! The other day I ate lunch with Harrison and he was so excited about that. He happily waved good-bye when we were finished, but I found out later that he started to cry after I left. BUT he got over it and was fine the rest of the day. I guess I should be glad he loves me so much. :)
They have a tradition of Kent driving them down to the bus stop in the mornings. It is only a 1/2 block away, but they still enjoy it.
We went in the week before school started to meet Harrison's teacher and visit his classroom. Of all the kindergarten teachers, she seemed like the best one, so I really glad he got her!
And this is what Harrison did the first few days of school when he got home - it sure wore him out!












No comments:
Post a Comment