Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Callie's Big Girl Bed!

Callie was so excited to have Kent put up her bed and be like all her siblings now.  She has done SO WELL with it!  She has only refused to lay down in it one night (which I finally got tired of her sleeping in our bed, so I laid in her bed with her until she fell asleep and then she had no more problems the rest of the night).  You could tell she felt very grown up. :)


 One afternoon I decided to try not giving her pacy to her for naptime because she didn't use it the day before.  About a 1/2 hour later it was quiet, so I thought I better go up there to make sure she was asleep.  NO, she was wide awake (although I knew she was pretty exhausted) putting stickers all over her legs from a book she was reading.  I tried taking the book away and having her lay down, but she refused, so I ended up having to give her back her pacy and lay down with her until she fell asleep, which was only about 5 minutes.  She was so used to staying in her bed and calling for me until I came and got her, that she didn't realize she could get down by herself and walk downstairs to us.  Morgan decided to teach her just how much freedom she has now.  Maybe I should have let Callie keep thinking she had to wait for one of us to come get her.  ;)  But, it is no big deal because she is so good at staying in her bed.  She did finally remember the other day that she could get out of bed, open the cracked door, and come downstairs.


I just love this one!


Jumping is so much fun!


She fell out of bed for the first time last night, but didn't get too upset.  Luckily Morgan and I were right there as soon as it happened.  We had a bed railing, but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere.  I don't remember seeing it in the storage unit up in Lafayette, but I can't remember what we did with it. Maybe we left it at the house in Waynetown accidentally, but we were pretty thorough in looking around before we left.  It's not too big of a deal because her bed is low to the ground since we only have one mattress.  Back when we first got Tyler this bed we got the frame and head/foot boards from some old bunk beds of his Kent's parents and then Kent bought a couple pieces of plywood to lay down on the frame to support the mattress, so we only needed one mattress, which made it much easier for the kids to climb in and out of.  I just need to remember to put a pillow on the side of her bed before she goes to sleep. :)  We have a box frame that we will use once she is old enough for a taller bed.

Ready for bed! 


1 comment:

Ashley said...

LOVE these pictures and her cute hair!!! :)