Kent had been wanting a new TV because the video game system hook-ups on our old TV were wearing out and we always were banging on the TV or having to jiggle the wires to keep the sound and picture up. We had had our TV since we first got married 13 years ago!
So since he wanted a flat screen, we were going to have to get a new entertainment center for it to be able to fit. I love the wardrobe entertainment center that my sister-in-law has, so I looked on Craig's list for one I could refinish. Found one for $75 that was real wood and in really good condition, besides missing the shelf inside the cabinet.
I didn't get a before picture, but it was honey colored with a wooden swirly thing as decoration in the middle of the top section and ugly hardware. I decided that I wanted my big furniture to be neutrals so that if I ever want to change the colors in my living room, all I would need to replace would be curtains, pillows, etc Much less expensive than large pieces of furniture! Anyway, so I painted it black and still need to replace the hardware (probably a brushed nickel color). I ripped off the swirly thing too. I love the crown molding on it! It was a pain in the rear to paint around that silly TV stand and the door tracks inside though.
I knew I would be losing shelf space, and couldn't decide if I wanted to just put shelves on the wall, but then I found these awesome solid wood shelves on Craig's List again - both together only costing $60! They had the crown molding and were much taller with deeper shelves than any book shelf I looked at in the stores and online. I couldn't wait to get started on them! I had this perfect vision of what it would all look like put together.





No comments:
Post a Comment