
If you like Turtles, you'll LOVE these Chocolaty Caramel Pecan Bars!!!!! They are to DIE for! I have a MAJOR sweet tooth and I was craving these because I got the recipe from Kent's grandma in my birthday card from her and have been wanting to make them ever since. They are SINFUL!!! So here is the recipe! It's from Pillsbury. It says to drizzle the chocolate on top, but mine turned out to be blobs all over the place, so I just spread the chocolate over the entire thing. It seems like a lot to do, but it really is VERY simple and easy to make!
Crust
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 Tbsp. whipping cream
1 cup all purpose flour
Filling
24 caramels, unwrapped (duh!)
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 cups pecan halves (I used pieces)
Topping
1 tsp. margarine or butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. whipping cream (maybe a little more to make it more runny so it can drizzle correctly!)
Heat oven to 325. Grease 9-inch square pan. In medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, 1/2 cup margarine and 1 tablespoon whipping cream; blend well. Add flour, mix until crumbly. With floured hands, press evenly in greased pan. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan over low heat, combine caramels and 1/3 cup whipping cream, stirring frequently until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Add pecans; stir well to coat. Immediately spoon over baked crust; spread carefully to cover. In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 teaspoon margarine and chocolate chips, stirring constantly. Stir in 2 tablespoons whipping cream. Drizzle over filling. Refrigerate 1 hour or until filling is firm. I kept it in a little longer so the crust didn't crumble apart. Cut into bars. 24 bars.
They are super rich, so a cold glass of milk goes great with them!



3 comments:
yum! My love handles are growing as I read this! (HA! That sounds gross!)
Looks so ooo good!
Those do look really good! Are you trying to fatten up all of your blog readers? :) Between this recipe and the peanut butter bars you have me craving chocolate!
It was even more delicious than I imagined, thanks :)
Post a Comment