So this week was kind of crazy because I had to go to the doctor twice and the dentist once with all three kids in tow. The first visit to the doctor wasn't bad - it was Morgan's 3 year check-up and she did fine. Then Tyler and Morgan went to the dentist and it was Morgan's first time to go. She wouldn't let them clean her teeth, but she did let them look at them at least. I was able to give Harrison a bottle so he was happy and good the whole time. But Tyler ended up having 2 "sugar bugs" as they call them - CAVITIES!!! That just makes every mother feel horrible that her kids don't get their teeth brushed well enough! I never once had a cavity growing up, so that really bums me out that Tyler has TWO! They said not to say anything to him about it until he is there in the seat and they are working on him and that they won't need to use anisthetic on baby teeth and that they are just surface cavities due to fruit snacks or gum with sugar, sticky stuff like that and that it should only take like five minutes to do. Yep, my kids love fruit snacks and are gum finatics - I guess I'll have to start buying them sugarless gum and cut down on the fruit snacks from now on! So that was the start of the not so fun news. I got a call from the school nurse asking about Tyler's allergic reactions to nuts. She said she needed more info from the doctor and that he should probably be tested b/c he hadn't been before. So that meant another trip to the doctor in the same week. Tyler is completely scared to death of needles and HATES pain, so I knew it wasn't going to be a fun trip. Once he found out they were going to have to take his blood he was a complete mess - bawling, wanting me to hold him and saying he didn't want them to do it non-stop. Poor kid. I remember being deathly afraid of shots and needles and to this day they are not my favorite thing. It wouldn't have been so bad if they would have come right in and taken the blood, but we had to wait at least 20-30 minutes before they came in!!!!! I was OK at first but then I started getting very impatient with both the nurses and Tyler, so it put me in a bad mood until it was all over. Luckily Harrison kept on sleeping and Morgan wasn't too much of a handful! Why I try to take all three places like that I don't know! I guess I just hate asking the same people to watch my kids all the time. But after that was all over with my sister-in-law watched all three kids while I had some me-time and went shopping with my gift card from
Goody's. I ended up getting a couple shirts, but then went back on Saturday and exchanged them for two different ones I decided I liked better. Aren't they cute!?


Saturday we went to my parents' house and Kent, Julie and I went shopping at the Flower Factory and Hobby Lobby. It was fun, but I wore these shoes I had bought the day before and they ended up being very uncomfortable and gave me blisters! I hate when that happens and I waste money on something I don't end up liking! Especially for someone as thrifty as me!
So when we were eating with my parents I brought up that the day before Tyler told me that a little girl named Hadyn at school told him that he was cute. So then everyone started asking him if he thought she was cute and he said in a matter-of-fact way he thought she was cute too. It was so funny! Starting the whole girl thing already! :)
So I guess my week ended up OK, but there were definitely some moments where I wanted to pull my hair out! Still getting used to having three to take care of! A lot of people say that going from 1 to 2 is harder than 2 to 3, but I definitely think going from 2 to 3 is a lot harder! Because you have the two older ones that either are fighting with each other or making a mess together or whatever and with only one older one, they don't have anyone to make mischief with or fight with. Definitely 2 to 3 has been harder for me.
5 comments:
I'm sure this doesn't make you feel any better, but going from 2 to 3 was definately a whole lot harder for me too. For the exact same reasons you stated. I always wished there was a larger gap rather than 2 years between #2 and #3, but you had a larger gap than I did and it doesn't sound like it was much better, same problems. Does it ever end? Yes, Things are going much better now. These bad weeks do get better.
At least there is a rainbow after the rain! :)
ohh.. Agh! You're helping me make my decision (more babies or not!) Ha!! Cute shirts... (whispering: Does the black and white one accentuate your shelf?)
too bad about the cavities... :OP We've been lucky so far... but we both have pretty good teeth. You do too, though, right?
Oh, probably (about the shirt) but it's black, so that helps and sometimes I just don't care anymore if I REALLY like the shirt because I get tired of thinking EVERYTHING doesn't look right on me! Actually I think it is pretty flattering (not to be boastful! :) ) on me. I'm sure things will get better once Harrison is not so needy and Tyler is in school all day so I don't have to take ALL of them everywhere. Here's hoping at least! ;) One of the worst things is that when I am trying to feed Harrison they need this or that so they have to wait until I am done before I can get it for them and sometimes they ask me over and over, which makes me go crazy, but I think they are learning to be more patient now. It just takes some getting used to!
going from 2 to 3 was really hard for me too. It will get a lot easier though once Harrison is able to entertain himself a bit. Or at least old enough to let Morgan entertain him. I'm glad you got to use your gift card, but I wish you would have let me babysit!! I dont mind at all especially since I have so much me time now that the boys are in school. Dont take all three to the doctor, grocery store or anywhere again!!! Just call me! You deserve a break. :)
Post a Comment