So today I went for a walk, meaning for exercise, for the first time in a LONG time. It was SOOO refreshing! I love getting out on a beautiful morning and taking an exhilarating walk! I had my 6 week check-up on Wednesday and everything was a-OK, so I decided I would start some exercising while the weather is still nice. I have been feeling so shut in and cramped because it has been so hot and humid that we haven't gone outside much. I also haven't been able to get out as much or had as many places to go now that Harrison is here. So it was very nice to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. It was a little chilly, but I just stuck a hat on Harrison, bundled him up in this adorable fuzzy quilt my crafty sister-in-law made me (it is so cute! It's olive green fleece on one side and a cute hunting/camping/fishing theme on the other side with cute little plastic leaves sewn here and there and red rick rack. Maybe I'll just take a picture of it to show you!). Anyway, he loved it and fell right to sleep as soon as we started walking. Morgan threw on her jacket and away we went. I'm hoping to keep up with doing step aerobics when it gets too cold to take a walk, but we'll see! No, I've got to have a positive, determined attitude about it! :) YES - I WILL keep up with exercising! Now, holding back on food is another thing - I LOVE food so I'm not going to try and cut out everything fattening or sugary, but I actually don't engorge myself with tons of junk food and huge portions anyway. I am more of a "social eater" than anything. When I get around people and socialize I just can't say no and be disciplined to not eat the yummy food there is! I've accepted that fact about me and just try to eat well (most of the time!) when I'm at home. But remember I DO have a major sweet tooth! :) OK, so here is the picture of the quilt.

I also went to Gordmans (I love this store!) the other day and spent some more of my birthday money. I have these built in shelves above a couple doorways in my dining room and living room and have been wanting to fill them, so I found some cute things to put up there. The box with the star cut out and the 3 blocks with love, faith, and hope on them I bought last summer, but the clock, the word "faith" and the "welcome" box are new. Also, I bought a super cute wood block of the word "family". I'm debating whether to paint it kind of a mustardy-yellow or brown to match my living room or not. Right now it is on my shelf (that I got from Ashley S. a few years ago - look familiar Ashley? I painted it though!) in my dining room.

Doorway leading into the living room.

Shelf in my dining room.
So, I only have a little birthday money left, which I plan on spending at Time Out for Women and if I have a little left over, maybe another shirt (all my other shirts are so worn out!) . So, I am so excited to go to TOFW! It was such a great experience when I went in Toledo, OH last year. I'm sure I'll blog about it afterwards!
3 comments:
6-week visit. A-ha! ;0)
cute quilt, but I don't get the plastic leaf thing... can't see those.
Cute knick-knacks! (paddywack!) Very cute... That's cool your doors have those built-ins!! I think you should paint the "family" word... and distress like your dresser you did. :0)
I'm probably going to TOFW next weekend. You'll have to tell me how you like it.
I love your knick knacks, do you want to help decorate above my doors? The moulding around my doors forms shelves about 2 inches deep above all the doors.
Post a Comment