Tuesday, November 6, 2007

For all you who have ever taken care of kids . . .

HAVE I GOT A STORY FOR YOU!!!
(If you have a weak stomach don't read!)
Also, no pictures this time - thought I would spare you the visual details! :)
So while Harrison was taking a nap yesterday afternoon I decided to cut Tyler's hair so I could take some fall pictures outside of him. All was going really well - Tyler was actually being co-operative and not throwing a fit and whining about it hurting or being afraid I was going to cut his ear off or something, but about the time I was finishing up Harrison woke up. I figured I would get Tyler in the shower first and then go up and get Harrison. Well, here is the story I was talking about. The scene I walked into when Tyler and I opened the door to the bathroom. . . I knew Morgan had gone into the bathroom while I was cutting Tyler's hair and I hadn't seen her come out yet, so I figured she was doing her thing in there, but usually it's no big deal. Well, when we walked in, she was at the sink and got very upset that we had walked in. It smelled of poo and I knew I was in for something not so fun! Once I surveyed the scene and had to remind myself not to get too upset, I asked her what happened. She just had her underwear and NEW shirt on and there was poo smeared over the entire toilet lid and lots of TP in the toilet! She was trying to wash her hands, but it wasn't helping any! I pulled down her undies and poo was smeared ALL over her little bum - it looked like she had taken a mud bath! She had it smeared all up and down her legs, feet, hands, arms and splattered on her shirt! At first I thought she had just gone to the bathroom a lot and was trying to clean it up, but then I realized she had gone in her undies and then tried to sit down and go some more in the toilet!!!!! She got upset and so I tried to stay calm and clean her up with some baby wipes b/c it was all dried up. So now I had a kitchen full of hair, a bathroom full of poo, a child crying upstairs and a child crying in the bathroom - oh boy! After Tyler got out of the shower I threw her in the tub and cleaned up the rest of the bathroom. I had to take the trash out b/c I couldn't throw the baby wipes down the toilet, flush and wipe down the toilet first with wipes then with PineSol, wash out her clothes, and wash the sink with PineSol. I don't think I've EVER had to clean up such a mess of that proportion!!!!!!! I guess I'll laugh about it later, but it wasn't the most fun thing to do at that moment! I actually am pretty impressed with how calm I stayed! Oh boy, the joys of raising children! I DID go upstairs and get Harrison after I cleaned up the essential tasks and then later took the trash out, disinfected, etc., so I didn't leave him up there to scream too long! :) There just must be something about Morgan and poo b/c when I was in the hospital with her she made a similar mess while I was changing her diaper- only in my hand b/c it kept coming and coming and coming and I didn't want it to get all over the bed! Unfortunately it did anyway! Why I didn't just throw a diaper under her and close it up I don't know - maybe I was just so surprised I got a little frazzled!

4 comments:

Kayli said...

Oh, I love it, I love it. Because it didn't happen to me, of course! Poor Kris! You should treat yourself to something like a milkshake or something, to reward yourself for being calm. :)

p.s. all your halloween pictures were so cute. That jr. mints costume was AWESOME! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Oh No!!! That is so awful! I am really impressed that you stayed so calm. Poo and a screaming baby is bad enough, but you had every child in need of you at once!! I don't know how you do it. All I can do is bow to the super mom! :)

Heather S. said...

I'm so impressed with your calmness. I don't think I could have remained calm. Actually, I'm sure I wouldn't have.

I'm sorry about your messes, but I can relate. Not the exact same stuff, but general idea is still there.

Hilary said...

I'm gagging... but I'm jealous.

Jealous that she goes POOP on the potty! Ella is mastering PEE, but POOP? Nope, she holds it for days, then drops a load, and I mean a LOAD, in her panties. ICK.

I would have never stayed calm. NEVER.