Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Here's to you, Ashley!

OK, so I am finally posting my answers to this questionnaire Ashley tagged me with.

10 years ago:
was on my mission to Rosario, Argentina. I think I was in my third area with a native (from Argentina) companion who had a lot of health problems, so we had to make a lot of trips to the doctor, which interrupted our flow of work quite often. We lived in an apartment that was rectangular shaped and very narrow. We weren't the only tenants of the apartment - we had tons of cockroaches and this mouse that my companion was determined to catch in the mouse trap (when she did she felt very triumphant and took a picture of it in the mouse trap! Blood and all! GAG!)! It was extremely hot and humid, since the seasons are flipped in the southern hemisphere.






5 Snacks I enjoy:

SOFT, CHEWY homemade cookies with milk

ice cream, fruit smoothies




chocolate and fruity candy

in season fresh peaches, strawberries, and pineapple




breadsticks with spicy cheese dip

What would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:

I would move to a modest, nice home; buy a couple new, but modest vehicles. Donate a bunch to different programs. Take a fun vacation every year. Buy a vacation home somewhere cool. Pay off all my debts and family's debts. Make sure all my family is comfortable. Buy a bunch of life insurance. Visit all my old college buddies and go on a cool trip with them (my treat).

3 of my bad habits: do I HAVE to answer this!?

- I don't have much self discipline when it comes to avoiding sweets!!!!

-when I get on the computer I usually spend WAY too much time on it and not enough time doing the things I SHOULD be doing!




-yelling and getting upset at SLOW, ANNOYING, WRECKLESS drivers! Gotta remember I'm being an example to my kids!

5 places I have lived: (OK, all of them)

Evansville, IN

Carbondale, IL

Maynard, MA

Mt. Vernon, IN

Rexburg, ID

Provo, UT

Greenwood, IN

Argentina

West Lafayette, IN

Waynetown, IN

5 jobs that I have had: (forget giving only 5 - that's like asking me the names of only 5 of my roommates - that would be about 1/8 of them! But I could probably only tell you the names of about 10 of them)

corn pollenator (of course, I live in Indiana!)

secretary

McDonalds (who HASN'T worked fast food!?)

telemarketer

obituary clerk

Einstein Bagels

Old Navy


landscaper



child care caregiver

and the best of all - MOMMY!



5 Things people don't know about me: this is a hard one because I too (like Ashley) tell people everything! Hmmm . . . I'm thinking -

-It drives me crazy when all the sheets and blankets get all caddy-wampous (like that word, Hil?) while I'm sleeping!

-I had to get stitches in my foot when I was little because I fell off the furniture and landed on a sharp piece of plastic while playing "don't touch the floor". Ouch! Painful - both the cut AND the shot to numb my tender foot!

-I've never had braces and only one cavity (although my current dentist said she can't see a filling, so I'm wondering if the dentist who supposedly filled it jipped me! My parents ended up changing dentists b/c they thought he was a fraud, so who knows!)

-I am obsessed with plucking my eyebrows and upper lip - I can't stand having extra stuff on me that shouldn't be. You know, like unwanted hair, dead skin, etc. I LOVE shaving (with this GREAT handy dandy callus shaver from Trim!) the calluses off of my heels. It gives me this natural high to see all the dead skin just falling off and having my heels nice and smooth again! My tweezers are my pride and joy because I bought them in Argentina for super cheap, but they beat any tweezers I have bought here! If I were to lose them I wouldn't know what to do! I know, kind of weird (the whole grooming thing). But I feel so relieved and relaxed when it's all done!



-I am deathly afraid of Haunted Houses - it's gotten worse as I have gotten older! So I just avoid them now. I get extremely motion sick on any kind of twirly, dizzy rides. I love roller coasters though!




So there you have it - a little more you may have not known about me.
If you feel like doing this, then you are tagged!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for "being tagged!" I loved reading all about you. I loved the story about how you fell off your couch. Kids are so funny. I loved hearing about your mission too! It was fun talking to you on the phone. I promise next time I will remember the time difference :)

Hilary said...

wouldn't that be fun if you could come visit? I'm flattered of course!

I never knew about Einstein's Bagels!!! And corn pollenator still makes me laugh. Imagining the flag, LOL!

Caddy wompus-- great word!!!!

I have one spot on my upper lip that drives me crazy and I almost always have a sore from my tweezers pinching my skin instead of grabbing the hair. I hate it! Maybe I need to borrow your tweezers!