
water + apple cider vinegar → RELIEF!!!!!!
OK, for all you doubters of home remedies - HAVE I GOT A TESTIMONIAL FOR YOU!!!!
I have already had two sinus infections this winter and then my cold started turning into a sinus infection last Wednesday. I decided to nip it in the bud and take Mucinex nasal spray that I heard works wonders in keeping a sinus infection from forming, so I tried it. It seemed to work OK, but after three days I started feeling the pain and pressure and aching of a sinus infection forming. It said not to use it for more than three days otherwise the congestion or whatever could come back worse and more frequently, so I stopped using it. Well, by Saturday night I was in so much pain I couldn't keep the tears in. I didn't want to go to the ER and spend a fortune just to get a $4 prescription and I couldn't wait until Monday to go to the doctor and then spend a bunch of money still, but I knew I had to do something RIGHT THEN because I couldn't handle it anymore. So I decided to get on the internet and look up sinus infections. I clicked on this website that talked about relief by breathing in the steam from a water/apple cider vinegar mixture for five minutes a couple times a day. I read all these testimonials about it, and I was desperate, so I decided to try it. Luckily I had a big container of ACV (apple cider vinegar) so I was ready to go. I mixed 1 cup ACV and 1 cup water (or equal proportions) and then boiled it. They warned to close your mouth and eyes when breathing in the steam because the odor is pretty strong and they weren't kidding! Anyway, I did it Saturday night, and I also drank 8 oz of water with 2 Tbsp of ACV in it, which they also suggested. That was nasty! I took some pain killers b/c I knew it wouldn't be an instant relief, but I really could tell it was starting to work within an hour or so! I had to get up about 2 a.m. and breathe in the steam again, but I slept much better after that. Then I did it twice on Sunday and was feeling pretty much normal by Sunday night. I was going to do it again Sunday night, but I didn't and then when I woke up Monday morning I could tell the infection was starting to come back, so I kept up with the treatment Monday and Tuesday. I didn't drink the stuff anymore b/c the steam was working just fine and I could handle that much better. I haven 't had a reoccurance again and I feel great!!!! If you would have told me on Saturday that I could feel this normal in three days without taking antiobiotics I wouldn't have believed you!!! But there is no arguing it now!!!! I guess there are a lot of health benefits in taking ACV and you can research them all on the web, but I am just thankful that I got rid of that sinus infection without spending a single red penny (as they say on that Hoover round (or whatever) commercial!), except for the use of some water and electricity! :) No more going to the doctor over a sinus infection for me again!



4 comments:
This is amazing! I'm so glad it worked for you!
So I found your blog when researching acv for sinus infection...It's my first sinus prob. yet and I am desperate, but I'm pregnant and don't want antibiotics. I'm going to try it, but is there any other advice you have for me?
So I tried it and am immediately unclogged...for now. I don't know if I did it long enough. 30 sec. max 4 or 5 times. It is nasty!
Glad it worked for you! It is pretty gross, but it sure was worth it for me. I also got one of those nasal pots. It's basically saline water that runs through your sinuses and cleans them out. It helped some, but I still felt stuffed up. Drinking lots of water is suppose to help clean you out too. Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment