Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Week


Yesterday was the official Teacher Appreciation Day, so Monday night I made caramel corn and put together these little gifts for Tyler's teacher and bus driver (who also helped him with his reading group). I found the cute plastic popcorn container at the Dollar Spot at Target a while ago and had seen the "corny" saying at the Family Fun web site. I also decided that I would make a card and bag for Kent too, since I think the teachers at the middle school don't get much in the way of acknowledged appreciation from the administration or whoever. I stuck it in his backpack that night and he called me Tuesday morning before I left for work to tell me thanks. It was an unexpected surprise for him. :) I had Tyler sign his own name (it was late when I finished the card to his bus driver, so I had to finish it in the morning) and give it to them when he saw them Tuesday morning. Even though the official Teacher Appreciation Day has passed, it is celebrated this whole week, so go ahead and let the teachers of your kids know how appreciated they are and what a great job they are doing! It will make them feel appreciated, loved, and needed! (I know - since I live with a teacher! :) )


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hilary said...

That is so cute, Kris! :O) Makes me think of: "It may sound corny, but shucks it's true!"